The Glade

'I'm sorry about Gally. He gets angry. Did he hurt you?' The boy said as he crouched to the bars. He looked around 18, a similar buzzcut to the other one, except his hair was dark. 

'Where am I?  How long have I been in here?  Who are you?' She ignored his remark, her voice shaking, asking what shed wanted to know from the beginning.

'Just stay calm.' He sighed.

'You've only been here one night. We had to put you in here, you.. Frightened us. We've never had a girl in here before. It's hard to explain. All will become clear soon.' He calmly said.

'Please don't hurt me' she squeaked, not wanting to face a similar ordeal to before.

'Why would I want to do that?' he asked confused. A rhetorical question qute clearly, as he continued to his next.

'how do you know Thomas'?

There's that question again.

She didn't know why she was being asked this, she didn't know a Thomas, her brain wouldn't let her remember the night before.

'who IS that? why do you keep asking me? I don't know who he is!' she frantically explained, agitated yet still wary.

'don't worry. look, stay calm, you were completely out of it last night, more than any of us where when we came in.' he replied.

What did that even mean? she felt like he wasn't even speaking English, her rational side of mind was fried.

'I'm gonna let you out of here and explain this all to you. Ah, here's newt and Minho.' he stood up.

Two boys came walking toward the bars. One of then was tall and slim, the other more heavy set and muscly. the closer they came, she realised this one was of Asian ethnicity, the tall one looked around 17, the other one 18/19.

'She's safe boys. I'm 99% sure she's genuine. She knows as much as us- if not less.' He turned to them. They both looked down. She noticed alby, these two boys, and the weird nasty one, 'Gally' had something in common.

They all had the same type of clothes on. Except the Asian one had some kind of leather looking armour on his chest.

'Newt and Minho here are gonna show you around, explain things to you. It's a need to know basis, so no questions. Don't blab things that are gonna scare her.' He said, turning to them. 'Get as much done as you can before the walls open'.

Walls, opening?

The tall boy unlocked the gate and held his hand out to help her out the room. She almost tried to haul herself up, wanting to show them she wasn't weak, but the truth is, she was weak. she accepted his help. She landed on a grassy area and she turned to see what she had been held captive in for the last 24 hours. It was a pit; a hole in the ground, the middle of three of them in a row, clearly manmade, the bars made of bamboo.

'Better follow us, shank. My names Minho, this is Newt' he explained, pointing his thumb toward the lanky boy. 'We don't expect you to know your name yet, but-' Newt began in a thick british accent, but was cut off by the girl before he could finish.

'Lythia.' She said. 'My name is Lythia. How could I not know that?' she questioned, startled.

Newt and Minhos eyes were on Alby, shocked as I followed their gaze. 'Why didn't you tell us that earlier?' Alby asked.

'You didn't ask me to. Please can I eat?' Lythia replied.

'Come on then' said Minho.

They walked for a few minutes, Lythia foolishly ignoring her surroundings, focusing instead on herself. She was wearing similar pants to the boys, black cargo type, a ribbed matted dirty black vest top and hiking boots to match. She began to woner who dressed her, cause she sure as hell couldn't remember herself. She'd only hoped the rest of the girls in there wore the same, then she could ask.