A Fishy Halloween

"Hey, Nico?" Percy asked from his spot in front of the gaming system. Nico knew he'd regret getting the stupid console, for it deprived him of attention from Percy at times. "Hm?" Nico only hummed in reply as he was helping their 9 month old shovel mini Ravioli into his mouth. 

"I was just thinking, It'll be dark soon and we haven't gotten candy for the trick-or-treaters. You mind running and getting some? I'll stay with Austin." he suggested casually, barely taking his eyes off of Mario Cart. 

"Uh yeah, lemme just clean him up first," shrugged the younger male as he lifted their son out of his high chair and supported the child on his hip as he wet a rag. 

1o minutes later, Nico was out the door with kisses from his 2 favorite people on the planet and the excited reminder for him to get everything Blueberry flavored. 

***

When Nico was out the door, Austin immediately started to sniffle, eyes watering with fresh tears. He always got sad when Nico left but of course Percy would never share that with his husband because it would result in Nico never leaving again. 

Percy put Austin on a mat on the floor and layed down on his stomach to be even with the baby's face. He handed him various stuffed toys and noise makers but Austin's lip never stopped quivering, which broke Percy's heart a little bit. 

"Sh, sweetie, if you smile for me we can do something special for Dada, kay?", the kid's attention was grabbed by mention of his other parent and he nodded his head with delight. Percy ruffled his dark curls and picked him up. 

Austin still wasn't smiling so Percy smirked and blew a raspberry on his sons little tummy, making the boy squeal and attempt to push him away with to chubby hands right to Percy's face. The proud father looked at the Jackson - di Angelo baby with such mind-blowing fondness and carried him to his bedroom to put his plan into action. 

***

Walking in the door a little less than an hour later, Nico didn't see his husband or son in the kitchen nor in the living room. Raising his eyebrow, he walked into the short hallway connected to the bedrooms.

"Perce...? Austin, sweetie, are you in here?" he called out softly. Percy walked out of their bedroom and Austin was in his arms, yes, but he was covered by a blanket. "Hey babe," Percy seemed to be holding back a laugh. 

Nico pinched his eyebrows together and removed the baby blanked from Austin slowly only to roll his eyes. "Really, Perseus? You dressed our first born baby as Nemo? You're such a loser." Nico said, though he was laughing. 

"But he's so cute. Do you see how cute he is? He's so freaking cute, I can't take it.". Nico had to hand it to him. They made one cute baby, and he rocked the Nemo costume though he looked confused as to why he was wearing it.

"I married such a freaking dork," Nico mumbled as he was taking Austin from the Sea Prince's arms. "We aren't even taking him out tonight. He's too young for all the candy and he can't walk by himself so why'd you go all out?" 

Percy was leaning against the wall, watching his family and feeling the swoop of affection for them. It was overwhelming, really. He couldn't believe how lucky he'd gotten. Moments like this, moments where Nico was taking pictures of their little precious baby boy while his arm was being cuddled into, were what Percy had fought through two wars to get to. 

"To see this," Percy said simply, with a smile on his face. He walked over to the couch where his boys were seated and he began playing his video games once again, occasionally glancing over to see Austin slowly fall asleep on Nico while Nico slowly fell asleep on him. 

(A:N/) Happy Halloween! R&R! Comment! Prompts are welcomed even though I write slowly. Goodnight!