Chapter 13: Fountain swimming ft. Joe

As I sat there shivering, straining out my hair, Joe continued to laugh. It pissed me off!

"WHY ARE YOU STILL LAUGHING!?"
"Hahahaha! You're just too funny!"

When his laughing finally subsided, he wiped a tear away from the corner of his eye, but still held a smirk that mocked me.

"WHAT ABOUT ME IS FUNNY!?"

"Haha sorry, I've just never met a girl like you! You fell and your expression was priceless!" He started to laugh again.

"WELL YOU'RE A JERK! AT LEAST HELP ME UP!"

He offered his hand out to me and while I reached out to grab it a mischievous thought came to mind. I tugged hard on his hand and he landed head first in the fountain next to me. I couldn't stop laughing.

"Hey! That hurt!!" He whined, while rubbing his head to soothe the pain.

I just laughed harder.

Surprisingly Joe looked over and smiled at me.

"You look best when you smile." He said smoothly

I blushed and looked down, letting my hair fall over my face. Joe gently moved the hair away and tucked it behind my ear. I looked up and smiled back at him. He responded by giving me a quick peck on the cheek, before standing up and offering his hand to me, to help me up. I took his hand and stepped out of the fountain.

We started the short walk back from the park to mine and Zo's apartment. We walked in a silence for a while until I sneezed. There was no surprise there, standing around during the winter in wet clothes was sure to end in a cold. But what surprised me was that Joe took off his coat and draped it around my shoulders. Even though it was as wet as my clothes, it was the thought that counted. Joe definitely had his moments. Next thing I knew he had grabbed a hold of my hand, but I didn't resist and I simply fitted my hand into his, then softy squeezed his hand back.

We ended up in front of my door, and held each other's gazes for a while. I leaned in for a kiss, when Zoe stepped out with a creepy green face mask on and screamed.

"WHAT TIME DO YOU CALL THIS!?!"

Oops looks like we were in trouble.