Chapter 8: Our First Battle

Woken by a ray of sun, I see sleeping bodies all around me. I go outside to check on everyone, the elders are talking, the queens and kits are safe, Stormfur is snoring loudly, and the apprentices are playing around in their den. I sat in the grass just thinking to my self. The rays of sun filled me with warmth and happiness. "Hello Sugarpelt." Sunpelt said. "Hey Sunpelt!" I mewed. As Sunpelt walked away I saw Cloudfur and Silverclaw walk out of the den.

"It's time to go hunting." Ashfire said. I padded of into the woods. I spotted a fat and juicy rabbit. I crouched down and got ready to pounce on it until Ashfire took it before I did. He smirked at me than bounded off into the woods towards the camp entrance. As i was hunting I caught a strange and unfamiliar scent. As I followed the scent it got stronger and stronger. I saw a familiar face I have seen in the past. It was Leafstar the Stormclan leader. "What are you doing here!" I yowled. "None of your business, now go off and hunt or what ever." Leafstar mewed. I let out a warning yowl. In a flash all of the warriors and the 2 apprentices were by my side. "Leafstar what are you doing here!" Sunpelt said. "You know exactly why Sunpelt." Leafstar said as he smirked and let out a yowl. His warriors were by his side in a snap. Everyone looked at Sunpelt confused. "Oh no." Sunpelt whispered quietly. "Stormclan is going to attempt to take Gracestar's life away!" Sunpelt yowled with fright.

All of the warriors got into battle stance. "Clawclan attack!" Sunpelt yowled. "Stormclan attack!" Leafstar yowled back. In a flick of a tail the clans battled each other. I was pinned to the ground by Leafstar, he was about to sink his claws into my stomach until Sunpelt pushed him off. "Sunpelt watch out!" I mewed, but it was too late. Leafstar had killed Sunpelt. "Redpaw! Leopardpaw! Go and get the rest of the warriors." Ashfire said. They came back with Runningwind, Frostclaw, and the other warriors. I managed to take Leafstar's life away. One of his warriors had me pinned down. "Why! Why did you kill him!" said one of his warriors. "Because he took Sunpelt's life!" I yelled.

Afterwards many warriors were wounded. I took Sunpelt's body to the camp. "How could this happen!" Gracestar meowed. "Leafstar killed him but I managed to take hi life away." I said. Gracestar sat down next to him. The whole clan gathered around Sunpelt. "how long will Gracestar sit there?" Silverclaw asked. "For the whole night probably." Cloudfur mewed. We all shared tongues with him this last time. After that we all went to sleep except for Gracestar.

SORRY ABOUT THE CHAPTER BEING SO SHORT I'M JUST REALLY TIRED.
SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN CHAPTER 9