Chapter 16

Shanté POV

When I got home, I took a 5 hour nap. Once I woke up, I started to get ready for my date with JD. I took a 45 minute shower, then I sat at my vanity, in my robe and started to do my hair. When I finished my hair, I slipped on the dress that he bought me for my birthday, that hugged every curve. I began to apply light makeup and when I was done, I took a few selfies. As soon as I put my heels on, the doorbell started to ring.

"SHANTÉ!" I heard Jacob yell from downstairs

"I'm coming!" I yelled back

I grabbed my clutch and my phone. JD met me at the bottom of the steps and we left.

"You look gorgeous ma." He complimented as he put one hand on my thigh

"You don't look too bad yourself." I said with a smirk

JD had on a white polo button down, with a striped red bow tie and some navy blue shorts with some tan Gucci loafers. He had on some ray bans with gold earrings and a gold MK watch.

I had on a long sleeve fitted black dress with a slit on the leg. I had on silver accessories as well as silver heels.

We most def need to take pictures tonight because we look good as hell.

I ended up dozing off but 10 minutes later we pulled up to the place. I felt the car come to a complete stop and instantly woke up. Omg we were at Red Lobster!! HE FREAKING REMEMBERED!! This honestly and whole heartedly my favorite resturant and I told him I haven't been since middle school and he remembered. He came to my side of the door and opened it for me. As he helped me out the car, I noticed that the parking lot was vacant as hell. I looked at him suspiciously as he led me into the restaurant. When we walked in, the hostess led us through the resturant and upstairs to the roof where a candlelit dinner was set up.

It was rose petals leading to the table and they were also placed all around the table. It was candles literally everywhere and we had a gorgeous view of the city. I was literally at a lost for words. JD had outdone himself tonight and it barely had started. He pulled my chair out for me and I gladly sat down because my feet were starting to hurt. I thanked him as he went to sit down in his chair.

"This is beautiful JD." I said, interrupting our comfortable silence

"Anything for my queen." He said while grabbing my hand and kissing it

He called for the waitress and she brought me my entreé as well as his. I had the crab legs, shrimp and lobster tail platter and he had the Alfredo. We began to get to eat and talk. Between the laughs and the cracking on each other and him smacking on his food, and him popping my hand every time I tried to eat some of his Alfredo...I fell in love with him. JD is everything I want in a guy and I can honestly see me marrying him.

We ended up losing track of time and didn't leave til 1 in the morning. Instead of him taking me home, he took me to a park. We walked around til we came to this blanket with candles. He laid back on the blanket and I laid my head on his chest. We laid down and talked about everything. He talked to me about how he wanted to get out of the game, go to college and get his degree in cosmetology then own his barbershop called Golden Touch Haircuts. He has enough money saved up to do everything he planning to do. I support him 100% and I want to see him succeed. He doesn't want to be far from home so he's going to attend Virginia College to get his degree and then try to open up his barbershop.

When were getting ready to leave, he got on one knee and pulled out a velvet box.

"Shanté, this is your promise ring. I want this to be a forever thing man. I love you so damn much it don't make no sense. This ring not only establishes my love for you but also establishes that I will never abandon you at a time of need, I will never cheat on you in any way, I will give you surplus amount of attention and affection, and I will always protect you from this harsh world."