Burning With Revenge (3)

In the police station, the cops asked me the same questions a few more times and I gave them the same answers. They just wouldn't listen to anything I told them.

Finally, one of the cops closed his folder and said, "Alright, that's all we need." They stood up from their seats and I slipped my hand into my pocket to hold onto the lighter. For some reason, it made me feel safer. "We have a place for you to stay. It's an orphanage for kids like you." Kids like me?

They led me out of the room and into another room to get some of my things that survived the fire. There weren't to many things there. My bedside table survived with only a few a few burn marks, a couple shirts and a couple pair of jeans made it out alright.

I walked over to the bedside table, tears threatening to fall again, but this time, I didn't hold them back. The cops left me alone while I opened the little drawer. My heart skipped a beat as I realized the things that I stuffed in there weren't ruined.

There were pictures of me and my friends, pictures of my parents, old tests that I failed and never wanted to show my mom. I shuffled through everything and found a book. My journal. I pulled it out and held it to my chest, sobbing.

One of the receptionists came in the room and sat next to me, rubbing my back. She had a cup in her hand. I stopped crying and wiped my eyes.

"Here," The woman said. "Have something to drink." I took the cup from her and chugged the water. I saw her look towards the door nervously and I faced the door just in time to see a cop nod once at the receptionist, as if she asked him a question.

"Alright," She said, rubbing my back once more. I set the cup down on the table and followed her to the things that survived the fire. "We're going to get these things packed up and get you to your new home."

I stopped dead in my tracks. New home. That place will never be my home. I shook the thought away, still gritting my teeth, and followed the woman to my things.

***

When we were all done packing my things, we headed to one of the police cars out front. I was feeling really tired and pretty dizzy and it was only about eight o'clock. I thought it was because of everything that's happened, but this felt different.

"You all ready to go, Leah?" One of the female cops asked me. I nodded slowly afraid of the pain growing in my head. The three of us, me and two other cops, piled into the car, on our way to my 'new home'. Not five minutes after I sat down was I asleep.

The ride to the orphanage was a pretty long one, but it didn't bother me. I was asleep the whole time. I was even asleep when they brought me into the building and into my new room. When I did wake up, at seven o'clock the next morning, one of the caretakers said I was brought in by the police officers that brought me here. They left my bag of a few shirts and two pairs of jeans next to my new bed. I remembered the journal I found in my drawer and was relieved to find it in the bag with the rest of my things. I reached into my pocket and grabbed a hold of the lighter that was, thankfully, still there.

I got out of bed and decided to take a look around , but one of the women that were in the hallway told me that I should stay in my room for right now, so I went back in and read through my journal.

****************************************************************

HI!! it's CoookieMonster!!

I hope you liked my chapter ... :)