Part 25

Zoey's POV

I sat in silence in Calum's vehicle, suddenly getting a good vibe from all of this. I didn't feel as scared as I use to feel when I'm around him. It's like I had a whole handful of different feelings when I'm around him. I found myself staring at him a whole lot more then I use to.

I stared at his hand that was wrapped perfectly around the stirring wheel while his other hand was placed on his left thigh. My eyes trailed to his flannel that covered over his black t-shirt that fit his body perfectly. His hair was starting to get all messy as the rolled down window allowed the air to escape into the car.

Calum suddenly looked over at me and my eyes widen before I quickly turned my head to the window on the right side of me. I heard a soft chuckle come from Calum and I looked over at him with narrowed eyebrows. "What." I asked. "Nothing." He giggled as he shook his head. I looked at him for a longer time, expecting a better answer then "nothing." But he didn't say anything else.

I sighed before I looked out the window to see that we were passing by a bunch of trees. I started to smile as I realized how beautiful it was back here. I've never been here before. "Can you please tell me where we're going." I begged as I bounced my foot. "Nope." He smirked as he rested his free hand on the wheel. "Calum please." I whined.

"You'll see." He giggled. "No, because I've never been here before." I said, causing him to laugh. "I honestly have no idea where we're going:" I said with a light smile. "It's a cute place. I promise you'll like it." He smiled before he took a left and we entered into a pretty roadway. "How come I've never seen this before." I gasped as I looked all around.

"Cuz you don't get out much, and you're too lazy." Calum teased as I hit his arm. "Ow." He laughed as I looked at him surprised. He didn't hit me back. Huh. Weird.

"You bored?" Calum asked as he stole glances of me. "No." I lied as my arms were crossed. This is so weird. Talking to my bully. Hanging out with him. What's wrong with me? "Ok, we'll listen to some music." He said before he turned on the radio. I expected to jump out of my seat and hear heavy metal but instead a soft song by one direction was heard.

I was amazed when he didn't change the channel and instead, he turned it up and started to nod his head to the song "Perfect." I looked over at him with wide eyes and parted lips. I was very shocked. "What?" Calum smirked as he looked over at me. "You.... Like one direction too?" I said slowly. "Duh. I love their music. What, did you expect me to listen to heavy metal or something?" He chuckled.

"Yes, yes that's exactly what I thought." I let out a surprised laugh. "Haha, I love this song." He said before he turned it up higher. I watched Calum in awe as I heard him hum to the song. Well this is new. I was debating wether I should sing to the song or not but Calum caught me off guard by singing Niall's part.

I was so shocked to hear how good he sounded. I was amazed. I honestly didn't think he had a talent of singing. But I admit, he can sing. "You know, you can sing too. I won't judge you." Calum smiled as he turned it down a bit. I bit my lip as I looked over at him before I unfolded my arms and reached for the volume to turn it up. I started to sing Harry's part and Calum stared at me with shock.

I let it all out like I always practiced in the shower as I sung along with Harry. "Whoa Zoey I didn't know you sing." Calum chuckled. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I smiled as I looked over at him. He looked at me with twinkled eyes before he looked away. We both started to sing together to the song and for some weird reason, I started to love listening to him sing.

Calum's POV

I watched as I saw Zoey sing and to be honest, I was completely amazed.
She sounds like an angel when she sings. As I saw her smile, I felt this sort of guilt in me, like I didn't deserve to see a beautiful smile like hers. Her smile was the best thing I've ever seen. It's so rare that when you catch it, you want it to last forever. And I'd do anything to keep that smiling going.