Chapter 10

Kim's POV

I don't how long I was out, but it felt like hours. All I could see was darkness, and it was actually calming. It was an escape from my feelings for Zach, and from my father.

But this calmness soon ended, when I started to hear things around me again. I could hear voices, but I'm not so sure who they belong to. Maybe if I focus a bit..

"Are you sure you don't know what happened? She was with you when I called her. Next thing I know, she came to my house all beaten up, and fainted at my door steps," someone said. Wait, is that Sam? And why did she say at your house? Is she talking to Zach?

My suspicion was confirmed when I heard his voice. "I honestly don't know what happened. We kind of had an.. argument. Then she said she would walk home, and I didn't see her after that."

"Are you an idiot? Why the hell did you let her leave by herself?! Someone could've attacked her for all we know! And you're telling me you let her walk home by herself?" she yelled.

"Oh, believe me, I would take back what I did if I can, then I would kill whoever did this to her. Fuck I'm an idiot!" he yelled back.

"What was the fight about? Judging by your frustration, I'm pretty sure you hurt her feelings," she stated. Well she got that part right. 

"About that, so I was thinking about.. something. Then I decided to ignore her because.. of that something. And then she got really hurt and decided to walk home," he said.

"Well, instead of beating around the bush, can you please tell my how you hurt my best friend?"

"About that.." I held my breath, wanting to know why he decided to ignore me. But before he could even continue talking, his phone rang. Curse you phone! Couldn't this person wait for at least a couple of more minutes?

"Hello? Hey mom. Yea, I'm not home right now. I can't come right now. I'm.. busy. I promise I'm going to come home. Okay, love you. Bye," he ended the call now, and I couldn't help but feel jealous that he actually got to say those words to his mom when I can't.

Deciding that I've had enough eavesdropping, I slowly opened my eyes. None of them seemed to notice me, so I tried moving my arm. But that did nothing but hurt, causing me to let out a groan. Both of their heads snapped to my direction, smiles spreading across their faces. Sam was the first to get up from her seat, and she jumped on me with a squeal. 

"YOU FINALLY WOKE UP! OH MY GOD YOU SCARED THE SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS OUT OF ME! YOU WERE OUT FOR 2 HOURS AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I WAS SO SCARED AND-" I cut her off before she continued talking.  

"Sam! It's okay! I'm awake now. Don't worry," I said. She only hugged me tighter, resulting in her hurting me because of the bruise that was probably forming next to my ribs. I let out a hiss as I shut my eyes. She quickly let go of me and gave me a worried glance. I just shook my head.

I just realized that Zach was standing next to the bed, staring at the bruise on my neck while glaring. I uncomfortably put my hand on the bruise. His eyes softened at that. Next thing I know, I'm embraced in a tight hug by him.

"I'm so freaking sorry. I do not know why I decided to ignore you, but it's probably the worst decision I've ever made. And I'm so sorry," he whispered. I hugged him back instead of talking, feeling really safe. 

'Actions speak louder than words' I thought.

I closed my eyes feeling relaxed, but then he asked the question i was dreading the most. "Why are you all bruised up?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed.