Chapter 14

Kim's POV

After that whole thing at the party, Zach decided that I've had enough drinks and that I should go home. We were in his car right now, still in our swim suits since we couldn't find any clean towels. I also threw my cover up somewhere and I couldn't find it after that. 

I looked over at Zach, who was still in his swimming trunks. "You have nice abs," I said. "Can I touch them?"

He laughed, but gave me a nod. I slowly reached out and poked his abs. "Ouch! That hurts," I pouted. "Now you have to kiss it so it can get better," I said, giving him a cheeky smile. He laughed again. What's so funny? I want my finger to heal.

"You're hilarious when you're drunk," he said. "So that means that I'm not funny when I'm not drunk? Geez, thanks a lot buddy," I said, looking out the window. 

"No, that's not what I meant I swear! You're amazing when you're sober! But you're just shy. Still amazing though! I promise," he said. I nodded, not having anything to respond with.

I shivered for what seems like the hundredth time. Zach noticed this, so he stopped by the sidewalk and got me a jacket from the backseat.

"What about you?" I asked. He was wearing his swimming trunks. I couldn't let him freeze because of me. 

"I'll be fine. At least I have some muscles to warm me up, you'll freeze way before me," he said, handing me the jacket. I silently thanked him and wrapped the jacket around me. 

It was dead silent after that, so I decided to change that. I started singing centuries by fall out boy. "Remember me, for centuries!" I sang, not caring how bad I sounded. Zach laughed, for the third time now, but sang the rest of the song with me. Surprisingly, he had a really good voice. I'm sure I could listen to him forever. 

"I'm taking you to your house," he said.  My eyes widened at that. "No please don't!" I pleaded.

He furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a confused look. "Why not?" he asked.

"Because there's a monster in my living room. If you don't take me there then the monster won't hurt me," I said, avoiding eye contact at all cases.

"What monster are you talking about? You're not making any sense," he said.

I just shook my head, not wanting to talk about him. I looked out the window and saw an ice cream store. A huge smile overtook my face as I turned to Zach, who still looked really confused.

"Can we please get some ice cream?" I asked, giving him puppy dog eyes. "Okay, okay," he said. He parked in front of the ice cream store. I just remembered the fact that we had no clothes on. I tapped his shoulder and motioned to his body. "Eh, I don't really care what people would think. You could just zip up the jacket. It would probably reach mid thigh or something," he said.

I nodded and did what he told me. Just like he said, it did reach mid thigh. I put on the flip flops and got out of the car. We entered the store, causing the tiny bell over the door to ring. There were some guys who looked like they were in college or something. The followed my every move looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat. Zach noticed that, and I don't think he was happy about it. He angrily glared at all of them, before wrapping a protective arm around my waist, bringing me closer to him. I'm kind of glad he did that.

We got to the counter and ordered our ice creams, then took a seat. We stayed silent not knowing what to say. Soon after Zach finished his ice cream, he excused himself to go to bathroom. I just stayed where I was, looking down on my lap. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to find the guy from earlier who was staring at me. "Hey pretty thing," he smirked, placing a hand on my thigh. I slapped his hand away, feeling disgusted.

"Feisty, I like it," he smirked again. He moved his hand more, closer to the end of the jacket. Getting sick of it, I slapped away his hand again. "Seriously, stop it, you're disgusting," I spat.

"Do you have a boyfriend or something? I don't think he'll mind. We could have a little fun before he comes back," he said.

Before he could do anything again, I heard someone speak from behind me. "Yes actually she does have a boyfriend, me. And I think I would mind if you took her somewhere. So I'm kindly asking you to get away from her before I do something I regret," Zach said, a forced smile on his face.

The other guy gulped and his eyes widened. He backed away and fled back to his group of friends. Zach clenched his jaw and grabbed my arm. "Come on Kim, we're leaving."

I followed him without a word, knowing how mad he was. We got into the car and drove off to his house. 

"Zach?" I asked softly, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"What!" he yelled, shrugging my hand off. I looked at him with a hurt expression and scooted away. I silently looked out the window at the passing houses. I heard him curse at himself.

"Kim I'm sorry, please forgive me. It's just that I got so pissed when those guys were looking at you like that, then I got more pissed when one of them tried to touch you. I care about you, and that's why I got mad. I'm sorry," he apologized. I smiled at his explanation, leaning over closer to him. I kissed his cheek, whispering a quiet thank you. 

He blushed like crazy while smiling, which caused me to blush as well. We soon got to his house and got in. He locked the door behind us and motioned for me to follow him up the stairs. Once we got to his room, he gave me a shirt and boxers to sleep in, while he just slept in boxers. I went into the bathroom to change while he was in his bedroom. 

We finally settled down on his bed, and he hugged me close to him. His arm was around my waist, and I could feel his heart beat. I looked at his defined abs, and couldn't help but touch them again. He had a six pack. This time, I slowly traced them with my finger. I felt him shiver.

I was thinking for a while until I came up with an amazing idea. "I'm going to name your abs," I said.

He laughed. "Go ahead."

I pointed to the right one on the top. "Okay, this one is called Zach Jr," I said. Then came the one right next to it. "And this one is called rocky."

I then went to the middle ones. "This one is called pebble, and the one next to it is called..  stone. And I don't have names for the other two," I smiled.

"Are you done?" he asked. I nodded while smiling at him. "You really are something else Kim."

"By the way, you said that you were my boyfriend earlier. Why?" I asked.

"About that.." he said, rubbing his reddening neck. "I guess I was just pissed off and didn't think of what I was saying."

"Oh," was all I said. We talked for a while until I was exhausted. 

"I wish I was your boyfriend," was the last thing I heard him say before I fell asleep.