Chapter 11

Kim's POV

It has been a week since I was last with Zach at Sam's house, and I week since I have seen my dad. Zach would still drive me home after school. Sam and I were currently at the mall shopping for new outfits. But all I did was stare, I didn't actually have enough money. So I just looked at all the outfits as Sam dragged me from store to store.

We were in the dressing room right now, and Sam was trying on a dress. "Are you ready?" she called. "Yea. Come on, I got tired of waiting here!"

She finally got out wearing a flowing royal blue dress that ended mid-thigh. "So? How do I look?"

"Beautiful," I smile. And it was true, the dress really complemented her body and skin tone well. I looked around the store to see a guy staring at her, smiling. I slightly nudged her, motioning to the guy. He blushed and turned away once he knew he was caught. "He's cute! Maybe you should talk to him," I said. Not as cute as Zach. God, I hate my subconscious for comparing every guy I see to Zach.

She shook her head, blushing, before turning back to the changing room. While she was changing, I looked at all of the mannequins, one outfit caught my eye. It was a black top with dark washed shorts, a feather necklace and black sandals. I'm in love. I'm pretty sure my eyes were forming the heart eyes emoji.

"Do you like it?" Sam asked, startling me. "Jesus, you scared me," I said, putting a hand to my chest. "And to answer your question, it's okay, nothing special."

"You're lying, I saw the way you were looking at it Kim. You looked like you were about to rape the outfit," she chuckled. Well, she caught me.

"Can you lower your voice? And its not like I can buy it anyway," I said. "I can buy it for you," she offered, looking serious.

My eyes widened. "No, I'm not letting you buy this for me. Maybe I can work another shift then maybe think about buying it. I'm not buying it otherwise," I finalized. She rolled her eyes, then grabbed the same items that were displayed. Since she knew my size, she didn't have to ask me. She also grabbed a bracelet and the feather necklace which matched the outfit, and some sandals to go with it.

"Sam!" I yelled running after her. But it was too late, she had already payed for the items. She handed me the bag with a smile on her face. I frowned, refusing to accept it.

"Sam I told you, I'm not going to take it," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? It would look really good on you.Besides, you should wear it to school tomorrow to impress Zach," she winked. I blushed, putting my hands on my face in an attempt to let it cool down. I finally took the bag from her, after she begged me for the past five minutes, and teased me about Zach.

----

We were currently at the food court. Sam made me go to five more stores, before deciding that she finally had enough. I feel sorry for her credit card. She even tried to buy me more outfits. And every time I would ask why, she replied with the same lame excuse, "So you can impress Zach," she said in a duh tone.

We had just ordered two cheese pizzas with drinks. Sam was texting someone on her phone, while I looked around the place. It had always been a weird habit of mine. Whenever I don't have anything to do, I would look around and observe. Deciding that I've had enough of the silence, I took out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I opened my music list and immediately went to Shawn Mendes' album. 

By the time the food finally arrived, I had already listened to three songs. I took out my headphones and put my phone on the side. We started eating in silence, until Sam broke the silence.