Chapter 7 - Natural ♥

I asked the world what it had to offer, what reason it could give me to live. In answer to my query, the world put her in my path but like a brutal gamemaker left the destination unknown. ♥ - Author

After the exams were done, I was walking back home when I saw Saloni standing near my building. I walked up to her and said, "Hey. Who are you waiting for?"

"You." Came the reply.

"Why? Can I help you with something?"

"No. Um.. Actually, Arnav and Trisha invited us to a movie, so do you want to come?"

"Yeah. Of course."

"Okay. I just wanted to ask you first in case it would be awkward."

"Oh no. That's alright. I've made my peace with the fact that Trisha and I are just not meant to be."

"Okay. So.."

"I'll pick you up at 5."

"Okay. Great. Buhbye then."

"Bye."

Then we parted ways and she went towards her colony and I went towards my building.

5 P.M arrived way faster than I had expected and I was standing outside Saloni's house waiting for her to come out. Fifteen minutes later, she came out wearing a granite T-shirt with corduroy pants.

"You look amazing." I said and she smiled in reply. I walked her to the stop from where we boarded the bus that took us to the movie theater.

"Aren't they supposed to meet us here?" I asked.

"Yes, that's what Arnav told me."

Just then, as if on cue, we saw them walking through the doors, hand in hand. Amazingly, I felt no anger or discomfort at this gesture of theirs and I even smiled at Arnav when they came and greeted us.

"What movie is it?" Saloni asked.

"Mockinjay Part 1." Arnav replied.

"Awesome!" Saloni said as she pulled me alongwith her as she rushed to the ticket counter.

I payed for out tickets and we all entered the theater. I noticed that my seat was next to Trisha's but I didn't pay much attention to that.

As the movie went on, in a particular scene (no spoilers), Saloni clung to my arm. What's weird was that her hand on mine felt absolutely natural.

I didn't even realize it was there until about five minutes later. I looked at her as tears filled her eyes and I squeezed her palm.

"This should not happen!" She said sobbing.

"Yes, yes. I know."

I turned around to look at what Trisha was doing but I felt like she moved her head away in a jerk as if she had been looking at me. I didn't pay much attention to that either and continued watching the movie as the mockinjays's call filled the hall. ___________________________________

I looked at Saloni clinging to Pranav and it made me feel weird. I won't say I'm jealous, just a queer feeling. I realized that I was staring and looked away just in time.

"Jennifer is the best, isn't she?" Arnav asked.

"Huh?"

"Jennifer."

"Oh yes. She's phenomenal!"

He held my hand in his and I rested my head on his shoulder. See? This is perfect.

"Does anybody want something? I'm going to get some popcorn." Pranav asked as we had reached the intermission.

"A coke for me." I said.

"I'll come with you." Arnav said and they both left the hall.

"So, what's going on with you and Pranav?" I asked Saloni before I could stop the words from leaving my big mouth.

"Nothing."

"Oh cmon. You like him." Oh shut up!

"Well, yeah. Maybe. A little."

I looked at her as if she had punched me. "Really?"

"Yes. I mean, he's sweet and looks incredible."

Pranav looks incredible? Just then the guys came back in and I looked at Pranav and I realized that he did look better than most guys I knew. How come I had never noticed that before?

What with the floppy black hair, piercing brown eyes and that flawless jawline I was kind of surprised Saloni hasn't asked him out yet.

"Your coke." Arnav said sitting down beside me. Now I looked at him. Brunette hair, nut brown eyes, he looked so adorable. I have the perfect boyfriend.

"Where are we going after the movie?" I asked Arnav.

"I thought we could all go out for an early dinner before heading back home."

"What say Pranav? Will you guys join us?" I asked.

He turned to look at Saloni who nodded and then he said, "Sure."

Could have made that decision himself, but no.

The intermission ended and the arena flashed back on the screen and all eyes in the hall turned to witness the second half of the wonderful movie.
___________________________________

The conversation I had with Trisha was weird. I mean, why did I tell her I like Pranav? What if she tells him? I know he likes her and he'll hate me when he finds out!

But maybe it could work out? I mean, he seems to be getting over her and well, we are pretty close but no, it would be wrong. I know he loves her no matter how much he denies it.

Maybe we'll both just have to wait and do what comes naturally.
___________________________________

P.S. Hunger Games ♥