Chapter 6 - Okay?♥ Maybe.♥

Exams! I looked down at my Chemistry notebook and the figures swam in front of my eyes. My WhatsApp pinged and I checked the message. Party after the exams. You're coming!
I ignored the message and kept studying about isotherms, isochors, iso-what-the-hell? Don't get me wrong, I love chemistry but why do we need to have an exam?

WhatsApp pinged again and it was Trisha's message. I suck at Chem! Help!

Yep tell me, how can I help you?

Explain to me the VSEPR theory!

Calling you.

I called her and started to explain the theory. I heard a beep and checked to see that Sonya was calling on the other line. "Hey Trisha, hold on for a minute. I'm getting another call."

I switched the call to Sonya's and before I could say anything, she said, "Okay, hey. The god of failure needs me!"

"Hey Sonya. I'm on another call, I'll catch ya later?"

"Cool!"

I switched back to Trisha. "Yes, I am so sorry! That was Sonya."

"Oh, the new girl?"

"Yep. So, to sum up, that's how CH4 is tetrahedral."

"Great. So are you guys close?"

"Me and CH4?" I asked, jokingly.

"It's not funny. You completely ignored me today. You still have a best friend you know."

"Aww, look at you. You're jealous. Chillax, it's just that Sonya and I have so much in common. Plus, you were with your boyfriend."

"Yeah, my boyfriend."

"Hey hey, whats wrong?"

"I don't know. It's just that lately, I've been feeling weird around him. Do you think it's all just superficial?"

"I don't think so; you're absolutely smitten with him and he is in love with you. You guys have just started going out; I guess that's why it's a little weird now."

"Really, you think that's it?"

"Yes, that's it."

"And thanks."

"Anytime honey." I said and cut the call. My mom called me out for dinner and I picked up my phone and went out. After dinner, I came back to my room and continued studying.
___________________________________

I thought of the conversation I just had with Pranav and I couldn't help smiling. I don't know what's going on with me. I am dating this absolutely perfect guy who couldn't be any sweeter but it just feels so hollow.

I mean, sure, I can't think of anybody else when I'm with him but when I am not, I don't think of him at all. No matter what Pranav says, that is just weird.

As if on cue, my phone rang and it was Arnav. "Hey sweetums!" he said.

"Hey honey."

"What's up?"

"I'll talk to you later? I really need to study."

"Sure. See you tomorrow."

Okay, what was that about? I looked down at my textbook and continued studying. When I looked up next it was 1 A.M.

I looked down at the book again and I could swear I saw the letters moving. I picked uo my phone and typed a text. Hey. Awake?

Of course, because why wouldn't someone be up at 1?

Pranav. -,-

Trisha. :*

I don't want to study. I want to sleep.

Go sleep.

I can't. It is impossible. I close my eyes and chemical formulae swim in front of my eyes.

Then study till you're confident. Drink some coffee.

I don't know how to make coffee.

Okay.

I didn't reply. I mean, what does a person say to okay? Then I heard a phone ring somewhere but I ignored it. Fifteen minutes later, my mom came into my room with cookies and a cold coffee.

My phone buzzed. I thanked my mom and checked my phone.

How's the coffee?

You're the sweetest thing ever!

I know. Don't remind me. I'm very modest, don't ruin that. :P

Haha. I drank my coffee and now I'm not at all sleepy. What do I do after I've completed studying?

Talk to me. ;)

But don't you have to sleep? o.O

Still got a lot to study. :(
___________________________________

I yawned and flexed my arms to rid myself of the torturous pain that lack of sleep brings with it. I stared at my phone and then at my book. I'd studied all there was to study.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep. After what I assume were twenty minutes, my phone pinged and I started awake.

Sleeping? Her message asked.

No.

Done with the syllabus? :) I am!

Yipee! Ya. I'm kinda done too. ;)

Go sleep.

Are you sleepy?

Nah.

Should I go?

Okay.

That's not a yes.

It's not a no.

Isn't it?

Is it?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

You think?

You don't?

I do.

But do I?

Do you?

What?

That.

Where?

There.

Who?

Who?

Stop it.

Or should I?

Shouldn't you?

I don't know.

Or do you?

This is crazy!

Is it? :P

Isn't it?

Good night.

Technically, good morning.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe, maybe should be our okay?

Maybe.

Omg! Stop flirting with me! :P I have a boyfriend.

I know! Maybe you should remember that! -,- :P

Okay.

Okay.