Chapter 12 - New tidings ♥

A week later.

I stared at the circular that our class teacher was passing around. The school is organizing a picnic to the zoo-cum-museum. Entree fee is Rs. 450. The picnic is on 27th January. Parents are requested to send their consents by 15th January.

I looked at Trisha, eyebrow raised. She nodded as if her head rested on springs. Crazy girl! I saw Arnav staring at the circular which he crumbled and then threw away.

The teacher called me and told me to return the extra circulars to the office and as I passed their bench I heard Trisha say, "I don't care if you're coming or not. I'm going!"

What is wrong with this Arnav guy? Why can't Trisha go if he doesn't want to? Trisha came to me and said, "I'm not coming. You guys go have fun."

I looked at her and smiled. "If you're not going, neither am I." She punched me playfully and said, "Stop it idiot. Go."

"No. I will not. But I really wanted to.." I said with a frown. Apparently, the blackmailing worked and she said, "Fine! I'll go."

Saloni came hopping by and screamed, 'Picniiiic!!" I laughed and when I turned around, Trisha was gone.
___________________________________

I stuck my head out of the window and the air ran through my hair. Hands pulled me in by my shoulders and my eyes met Trisha's who stared at me angrily, "You're not supposed to put your head out of the window."

"Okay Mom." I said, rolling my eyes. Yes, we were on the way to the picnic and yes, Trisha had come and for those of you who are wondering, she managed to convince Arnav.

"Haww!" She said and walked away in mock anger. I pulled her back by her arm to stop her and some idiot's phone began to ring, Tera dhyaan kidhar hai? Ye tera hero idhar hai! Palat!

Trisha turned around and we both burst out laughing. You see, this is the problem. We can't date, she's too close a friend.

She walked back to her place next to Arnav and they plugged on a pair of headphones. I looked towards the door to see Saloni screaming out of the bus at the top of her voice.

She tucked back in, her hair ruffled and went towards the driver's seat. About 10 seconds later, a song began to play on the music system. Saloni and a few other people started dancing. She pulled me up and I ended up goofily dancing to the song too.

As the song came to an end, the driver applied a sudden break and Saloni lost her balance and we both went crashing towards the bus's floor. There we lay, all Bollywood style, until our friends helped us up.

Saloni walked away muttering something to herself. I stared at her retreating form, for the first time seeing a fussed Saloni.
___________________________________

This is it. I'm so done with life. Pranav loves Trisha and you would think that since I know that, I would stay away from the trenches of falling in love with Pranav but no. No no. I had to go and fall in love with him. Oh great! And I can't ever tell him and that makes stuff easier.

So here I am walking beside him while he talks about trees and birds and we head towards the resort we're supposed to be staying at.

An hour later, we're on the way to the zoo. Guess how crazy I am. I sit in front of the monkey cage and say, "What do you know? You don't fall in love right?"