Chapter 9 - I do ♥

"Jahnvi! Where the hell are you?" I screamed into the phone.

"I'm coming!"

She had been in Mumbai for the past month for some family issues and now, finally, she's coming back!

I saw her car turn the corner and ran down my building to welcome her. We met halfway down the stairs since she had shifted to the house next to mine. Her dad had already come and set up the flat so we just directly entered.

"I've got something to tell you." She said as we crashed down on the sofa.

"What? What?"

"Dude, breathe!" She said and we started laughing.

"Tell me!"

"I met, actually talked to a guy."

"Omg! You talked to a guy?" I said deliberately faking enthusiasm.

"I mean I've been talking to this guy online and he is the sweetest thing ever!"

"Name!"

"Kartik Sharma."

"How does he look?!"

"I don't know and its not important."

"Girl, you're talking to a total stranger!"

"I know. This is so unlike me but he is just perfect!"

"Let me read the chats!"

She flipped open her phone and logged into her account and opened her inbox. There was already a message waiting for her.

Hey gorgeous. :* Reached?

Yesh! She typed.

"Wait he knows where you live? What is wrong with you? This isn't safe!" I said.

"He doesn't. Just knows that I was shifting!"

"Still..." I said as her phone pinged.
Great! So 'sup?

I was wondering if you could send me a picture of you.

I told you, I don't picture well.

Still.

I will, someday. Trust me I'm the person you think I am.

I do. ♥

Its weird but whenever someone says 'I do' I hear wedding bells. ♥

Haha. :D

Talk to you later sweety! Got to rush!

I teased Jahnvi for about fifteen minutes after which I got a call from Arnav. "The Cove. Today, 6 p.m."

"Sure!" I said.

I went home an hour later and I checked the phone to see I had a voice message. I clicked the receiver and I heard Pranav's voice. "I just saw the trailer of Paranormal Activity 5 and its scary!"

I called him back. "What happens?"

"No spoilers!" He said.

"Please!"

"No! You've got to see it!"

"I would but I'm going out."

"Where?"

"Arnav."

"Oh." And for the first time, there was an awkward silence but after a few minutes, the silence wasn't troubling anymore, it was almost peaceful.

We sat there in our homes, connected by silence as he said, "Well, see it when you get back." And I heard the click that signalled that the call was over.

I got up and dressed up in black jeans and a full sleeved red floppy tee. "Mom, I'm going to the Cove!" I screamed and she came out of her room saying, "Be back by 8!" Cliché?

The Cove is a place where we hangout. Its a cozy cafe. I smiled as the whiff of the cakes that the baker was baking inside.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Arnav standing there with a huge bouquet of blood red roses. "Hey." He said, his head barely visible behind the flowers.

I was so happy I couldn't speak and I just took the flowers from him and smiled in reply. We walked into the cafe and I put the bouquet on the table.

He passed me the menu and said, "Order."

I stared down at the menu. I always knew what I wanted to order but I looked through just in case. "Oh my god! Pure chocolate pastry!" I screamed when I saw they had added it to the menu.

"A pastry for you?"

"Yes. But the french fries and the burger and the soup. But the cake..." I kept mumbling to myself.

The waiter had come and was standing near out table, waiting for the order. "I'll have the soup and the french fries." I said because the cake wasn't cheap.

I slipped the menu back and Arnav said, "I'll have two of the chocolate pastrys."

I looked down at my phone and a smile crept on to my lips. I rushed through my notifications and checked my messages.

I had a message from Pranav. We have tht project to complete. Where are you?

I had completely forgotten about the project. I looked at the message and I looked at Arnav who was sitting there looking at me and I shut my phone.

I know Pranav will understand. He'll understand won't he?
___________________________________

"Nope, she isn't here yet." I said to Saloni on the phone.

"I'll come. Where are you?"

"I'm standing in the food court."

"What're you doing there?"

"I was hungry." I said, sheepishly.

"Okay. I'll come." She said and reached in 5 minutes.

"Hey Pranav. Stop eating!"
I nodded as my mouth was full due to a full sized sandwich.

I finished my sandwich and bought her a salad (I offered french fries, but NO) and we started discussing the project.

She took a lettuce and waved it in front of my eyes, "Want?"

"I think I'm doing just fine."

"Eat!" She said and stuffed it into my mouth. My tongue exploded with the flavour of salt and tears filled my eyes. I saw her laughing and I took the salt shaker and poured a handful into her mouth.

She almost choked and punched me and I fought back. We both fell off our chairs, giggling and raised our heads to find some pretty angry heads staring at us. We slowly got up, payed the bill and walked out, salt still stuck in our minds.

5 hours later, we were sitting at my home and I took out the chart we had finally prepared and wrote the credits:

Presented By: Pranav and Trisha.