Significance - Chapter Thirty One

I felt my eyebrows rise and I stared at him. He stared back with a little smile.

I don't understand. We're just reading each other's thoughts, right?

No, I told you it's different. It's like we can feel each other, though we're not touching. You can feel every emotion, every feeling of the other person all over you. It's all consuming and intense and can be very...sexual. It's Ace non-sex. They call it mutuality.

But Gran said that Ace's get pregnant the human way, so you have regular sex, right?

We do, after the wedding, but mutuality is different, we don't need to wait.

After the wedding?

Yeah. We wait until our wedding to...consummate. He had a little grin. Just like you want to. My mouth opened for a second before I remembered that I didn't have to tell him things anymore. But remember that most people only wait a couple weeks to get married so it's not that big of a stretch.

But you do both...sex and mutuality once you're married?

Yes, and when you do them together...it's supposed to be insane. Like uncontrollable, really powerful...pleasure.

I was blushing just talking about it, let alone doing it.

I'm not pressuring you. He smiled and ran a finger over the length of my jaw and chin. I'm just letting you know that if we get all entangled in each other's minds, our bodies will go that direction. It's instinct. It's not sex, it's all in the mind but it's definitely sexual. And I was just joking about waiting until we get to the house. We'll wait as long as you need to, no rushing.

He smiled reassuringly but I'd already seen in his mind how excited he was about it. It's one of those things you have to wait until you're ascended to do, like a lot of other things. He asked his dad about it since we had imprinted. He knew real sex was out of the question for a long while and I was grateful for that but he was very intrigued and interested in the other, the mutuality.

You don't want to wait...to do that? I asked.

He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. I could feel his embarrassment and caution. No. He didn't need nor want to wait but he did and would if I wanted to.

Baby, listen. Even though the fasten seat belt sign came on he leaned over in his seat towards me and put his head to mine. I did used to think that all this was a sham, that everything my parents used to talk about was over exaggerated and more about personal perception than facts. Then it happened to me - you happened to me - and even though I used to act all aloof about it, I had waited for that day my entire life. When it happens to other Aces, they jump right in to being together and starting their lives. It's instinct, I know you feel it, too. But...with us being so young, especially you - He continued quick when I mentally rolled my eyes - we need to keep it toned down and not just jump in all at once, like our bodies want us to. But. I have wanted all of you, all of us, since that first second. It's drilled in my bones from the imprint to... I don't want to scare you.

He shook his head and started to move back, but I stopped him by grabbing his shirt sleeve.

"You'd never hurt me, I know that. I'm not scared of you or anything you have to say. Tell me," I pleaded and he sighed, then continued.

It's rooted in my blood to consume you and be consumed by you. To protect you. To please you, in every way. His fingers raked through my hair. To make you shiver when I touch you. And to his enjoyment, I shook with goose bumps. He smiled and skimmed his fingers down my arm. To cause your heart to beat faster. He tapped his finger over my heart as he'd done once before and it didn't make me calm down any more than it had before. To make you happy, to do anything and everything with you, to date you, spoil you, love you...marry you. So yes, I want to make love to you. I want to mutualize with you. I want to live with you. I want to marry you and have kids with you. But not today. Not right this second. We have all the time in the world, Maggie. I told you in the very beginning that I'll let you set the pace and that still stands. I'm ready for anything, whenever you are but I'm not pushing you, ok? I've waited this long for you and I'm happy. He kissed my stunned lips softly as I fought to keep my composure and breaths even. I'm happy, just like this, for now.