Tell Her You Love Her

It has been a rough night for everyone. He doesn't know how he arrived in Eichen earlier, but all he knows is that his powers led him there. Jordan cleans the last bit of ash on his body before stepping out of the shower and dries himself with a towel. He changes into his normal clothing and walks out of the bathroom, only to see a sleeping Lydia on his bed. He rescued her from Eichen two hours ago, burning everything on his way and eventually, called the pack. Jordan stands by the bathroom doorway that leads to his room and stares at the strawberry blonde for a moment. She is still in the gray robe that the Eichen staff makes her wear and in gray sweats. He takes a step forward towards her, but he stops as soon as he hears the doorbell rings. He makes his way out of the room and towards the front door. As soon as he opens it, the pack comes bursting into his apartment.

"Is she okay?" Scott asks, looking around.

"Yeah, she is in here."

Jordan leads them to his room and sees Lydia awake as soon as he steps in. The Pack comes in and surrounds Lydia, asking questions if she is okay and what happened. Jordan is left alone by the doorway of his room and watches Lydia's friends worry about her and sees the relief in their expressions.

"What happened? We were supposed to get you out." Stiles says.

"Yeah but then we get there and the building was burning." Kira adds.

The pack goes silent for a moment and suddenly turns to Jordan and all he can do is shrug because to be honest, he doesn't know either how he arrived in Eichen and rescued Lydia. The Pack turns to Lydia again and asks her more questions and tells her that they were so worried for her when they found out that Natalie has put her in Eichen.

Jordan watches them for a few more moments before walking out of the apartment to take some fresh air. The night was a bit chilly and it's a quiet night in Beacon Hills. He leans by the wall of the building and looks up to the stars, which there aren't that much tonight. He closes his eyes and takes in the fresh air. He can't help but think about what happened. He can't help but think how he got there and why. Was it because of his powers? Was it because he and Lydia were connected to death? There are so many questions running in his mind as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Jordan opens his eyes and sees Scott standing in front of him.

He nods his head, "is she okay?"

Scott lets out a small sigh and leans on the wall next to him, nodding his head.

"Yes." There's a pause for a moment before Scott adds, "You care a lot about her, don't you?"

Jordan turns to look at Scott with an astound expression. He doesn't know how to answer that question. He and Lydia have been friends for almost a year, and he cannot deny that sometimes or even most of the time, he does care a lot about her. He is a deputy, and he cares for a lot of people, but he knows that Lydia is different. She's something.

"I care about everyone." Jordan answers, looking away from Scott.

"Yes, but she's different. She's special."

Jordan stays quiet from Scott's commentary. He knows Scott can hear his heartbeat. He doesn't have to say one word to him to let him know that he is right because he is. He does care about Lydia. He cares a little more for her than the others. He wants to protect her. He wants to keep her safe and make sure that she is happy. He wants to give everything to her and if he can, the world.

"Have you told her that?" Scott asks.

He shakes his head. "No, I don't think it's the right time."

Scott chuckles from his comment, "In Beacon Hills, there will never be a right time. Tell her. I can see how she cares a lot about you too. How she likes you too. I can hear her heartbeat skip a little whenever you appear in the room."

Jordan's eyes widens, hearing that from Scott. Scott chuckles from his expression and nods his head, telling him that is the truth. Before Jordan can say something more, Stiles comes running towards them.

"There you guys are. Um.. we have to go. Melissa called about my dad." Stiles says.

"Go. I'll take care of her." Jordan says to Scott.

The two boys nod and runs to call the two girls to come downstairs and eventually, they all leave. Jordan goes back up to his place and quietly walk towards his room where he finds Lydia sleeping again on his bed peacefully. He slowly walks up to her and kneels down beside the bed, so he was level with her face. He smiles slightly as he gently brushes a strand of hair away from her face.

"I'll keep you safe now." He whispers, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Lydia stirs for a moment, but she doesn't wake up. Jordan fixes her blanket and watches her sleep peacefully. He sits next to her on the bed and strokes her hair gently, seeing a small smile appear on her lips, knowing she is still awake.

"I lo--" Jordan whispers really quietly and stops himself, remembering the conversation he had with Scott.

He is right. There will never be a right time in Beacon Hills especially if it is always surrounded by Supernatural creatures that wants to kill them. But tonight is also night the perfect timing because she had a long night, and she needs rest. Maybe tonight is not the right time to tell her yet, but maybe soon. He promises himself. He will tell her soon.

"Sleep." He whispers softly, "sweet dreams." He adds, kissing her head and never leaves her side for the rest of the night.