Right By Your Side

Prompt: From Tumblr. (MarrishZone)

Blood.

All she saw was a puddle of blood.

A puddle of blood surrounding his lifeless body. Lydia fought the urge not to scream. She knelt down next to his body. His left hand on his chest where the blood was coming from. He has been shot, and Lydia felt like her world just shattered into pieces. The scream that was building up in her throat was about to burst. Tears were running down her cheeks like a waterfall, and her hand shook as she tries to reached for his hand.

"No..." She whispered. "Don't... please don't leave me. Please... Please."

Lydia shook her head over and over again as she sobbed in front of him. He killed him. The Benefactor killed him. She lost her best friend, her ex-boyfriend and now, him. She has lost him too.

"Jordan. Please no. Please come back. Come back. No..." Lydia murmured the words as she leaned down on his chest and cried. "Jordan..."

She felt so numb. She couldn't feel anything. She didn't even care if her clothes was soaked with his blood. All she wanted was him alive, but she was too late. Then, that was when she screamed. The last time she screamed, it was when her best friend died and now, she screamed for him. She screamed until she couldn't find her voice anymore.

"Jordan!!!" Lydia screamed.

"Hey... Hey..." She heard that familiar voice and she opened her eyes quickly seeing his familiar face.

She was sweating and she found herself in his arms. It was a nightmare. Just a nightmare.

"Shh... Shh... It's alright. I'm here. It's okay." Jordan murmured through her hair, while he rubbed her back. Lydia held on to his arm tightly as she buried her face on his chest.

"Take it easy. Calm down." He whispered, brushing her hair gently. "Slow your breathing like mine." Jordan lifted Lydia's face and took it between his hands as he looked at her with his green eyes. "Okay? Just slow your breathing."

Lydia followed his instructions and after a few seconds, she was finally calm but the tears wouldn't stop slipping down her cheeks.

"It's alright." Jordan wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead softly.

"You're... You're alive..." Lydia said almost a whisper.

"Of course I am. I'm not going anywhere." Jordan assured her as he pulled her into his arms again. "It was just a nightmare."

Lydia nodded and wrapped her arms around him tightly. She hated these nightmares. She has been getting them ever since she saw his name on the deadpool list. She couldn't let him get hurt. She didn't want to lose him. He was the only one who accepted her for who she was. He never thought she was crazy like everyone else did before. He was there for her right away when she needed help, and she certainly knew he loved her unlike the other guys she dated.

"Please don't ever go." Lydia said.

"I'm not. I'm right here."

Jordan slowly helped Lydia laid back down on the bed and pulled the blankets over her.

"Go back to sleep." He said as she cuddled next to him.

"No. I don't want to have nightmares again." Lydia argued.

Jordan wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer to him, "Don't worry, I'll fight your nightmares away."

And before she knew it, she was falling back to sleep again in his arms.