Shoot, Run, Duck, Oh My

Hadleigh's POV

Zach is driving the jeep when we come to a closed gate, I thought he was going to stop but nope, he just drive straight through it, breaking it open. "Whoahohoho," Zach laughs with me giggling in the passenger seat and Gray laughing in the back seat.

"Okay, that's it, we're safe now," Zach says with one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear shift. I sit back and look in the mirror looking behind up thinking I saw something. I look closer and see what looks to be like a pterodactyl. I turn my head around to see if I did see that correctly. "GO GO GO!" I scream to Zach hitting his arm trying to make him pay attention and go faster. Zach looks in the mirror and sees what I see before punching the gas pedal.

We keep driving as fast as the jeep will go when we come go a big gate that says 'Gate 5' on it with two men standing at the top with guns. "Hey, open the gate," Zach yells honking the horn to get their attention, "Open up, come on," I scream along with him, trying our hardest to get through before the pterodactyls.

"Open the gate, let us in," Gray screams before they look up hearing and now seeing the flock of pterodactyls as they hurry and open up the gate for us.

We make it to the main strip with all the restaurants, running trying to find Claire and Uncle Owen. We see Zara and she tells us that their Aunt Claire was looking for us, making us run even faster through the already big frantic crowd. "Stop running," Zara screams trying to keep up with us as we slowly come to a stop looking around frantically, seeing all of the pterodactyls flying around us. A pterodactyl swoops down towards Gray, but Zach pulls him back just in time, "Don't just stand there, do--," She is cut off by a pterodactyl grabbing her by the shoulders with its feet. I gasp throwing my hand up to cover my mouth in shock hearing Gray gasp beside me in shock as well. We continue to watch her as the pterodactyl drops her, we is about to fall into the water before another pterodactyl swoops down and grabs her by the legs, so that she is hanging upside down.

"Ah, ah, ahhhh," We hear her scream as she is dropped into the Mosasaurus water. I breath a sigh of relief thinking she might just be safe before another pterodactyl dives into the water grabbing her by the beak making her scream and squirm around. We run over to the railing that overlooks the Mosasaurus water, seeing the pterodactyl drop her back into the water and grab her by her feet going to fly away.

They don't have enough time to get into the air before the Mosasaurus come up with an open jaw snatching them in it's mouth before shutting it on Zara and the pterodactyls neck, killing them instantly making me squeak in shock, taking hold of Zach's arm, before it flaps back into the water. "Go, get inside now," Zach screams taking hold of my hand while pushing Gray in front of him to start running.

We keep running, diving out of the way of pterodactyls and scurrying people when I spot their Aunt Claire standing on a table calling out their names. "Look, your aunt," I scream to them over the yelling people while pointing her out to them. "Go," Zach says putting his hand on Gray's back urging him to go faster, "Aunt Claire," both Zach and Gray call out as we continue to run as we see a pterodactyl headed straight for us. The pain in my ankle is bearable, but throbbing and pretty swollen from all of the running.

The pterodactyl swoops down to get us when Zach makes both Gray and I dive down on the ground turning onto our backs, scurrying into a sitting position with Zach's arms around myself and Gray, protecting us as we stare down the now dead pterodactyl with it's beak almost touching our chests.

We stand up and walk closer to their Aunt Claire, and Uncle Owen who I just noticed was struggling holding a mutant looking pterodactyl away by the neck, so it wouldn't snap it's face off. I suddenly see Claire grab a gun, hitting the back end of it against the pterodactyls head making it whine in pain before shooting it three times, killing it instantly.