Pool Partying...

Me and Kendra was standing in line bout to get something to eat cause a nigga was too hungry from riding all these rides; plus I ain’t eat before I came so that I wouldn’t get sick on the rides. We finally got to the front and I ordered for myself and Kendra because I already knew what she wanted and we went and sat down at the nearest picnic table and started talking before I felt my phone vibrate.

“Who is that Jay? That better not be no female textin’ you!” she ordered.

“Girl chill the fuck out, ion wanna hear all that shit!” I sighed as I fished my phone out of my jeans pocket.

‘Bestfriend Shaee: where u?’

‘Bestfriend Jaaay: this place in the very back, can’t miss it we sittin at a table’ I replied quickly before having my phone snatched out of my hand.

“Oh,” she started dryly, “her.” This bitch done lost her mind if she was bout to say something bout my bestfriend.

“Girl give me my damn phone back and what you mean ‘her’?” I asked angrily.

“Nothing baby, it’s just that you always with them or ya boys, you ain’t never got time for me.” She pouted and I wasn’t hearing that shit, I just looked at everyone around us as she talked when Shae walked up.

“Hey.” She said dryly taking a seat next to me and getting a mug from Kendra.

“Wessup, what’s wrong witchu?” I asked leaning over on her, she looked sad and mad all at the same time. “Where Zay at?” I added at the end only receiving a grunt at the sound of his name.

She turned her head and whispered, “He went to go get ‘a quick nut’, like I just ain’t hear or see that shit.” She said angrily.

I clenched my jaw and said, “We’ll talk later.”

I ain’t have no problem with Zay but I knew what type of nigga he was. He had a reputation at his previous high school that followed him to his new one. They were in the same city and everyone talks. As long as he ain’t bring my bestfriend into that bullshit and hurt her then I was fine cause then I would hurt him; that is if I get to him before Damien does.

Our food had come out and we were eating and talking, well at least me and Kendra were, Shae just sat there quietly, eating off my plate every once-in-a-while before Zay showed up.

“Wessup y’all, aye Shae can I talk to you for a minute?” he said, his clothes were all rumpled and you could smell the bitch on him from where we were sitting.

“Nah, go talk to yo ‘quick nut’. I ain’t got nothing to say to you.” She said dryly and without looking at him, taking another a fry off my plate.

I stuffed my burger in my mouth to keep from laughing while Kendra sat and watched like it was some good ass soap opera or something.

“Man what you talkin bout Shae?” he lied looking helpless and running a hand through his dreads.

“Nigga don’t lie I hear yo-“ she cut herself off and threw her hands up. “You know what, I ain’t even mad. Bye Zay, I’ll see you around.” She said finally before laying her head on my shoulder and taking another fry as Zay walked away in a sigh of defeat.  

“I gotchu bestfriend.” I said kissing her on her temple as she grunted which made me laugh.

“He did NOT!” Tori screamed from inside my bedroom as I was telling her the whole story from inside my bathroom where I was brushing my teeth and washing my face before I got in bed.