Bad Ending...

I woke up and stretched, turning over to my nightstand and picking up my phone and seeing that I had several unread texts and calls from different hoes and some niggas I fuck with but one stood out; it was a text from Shae telling me that we ‘need to talk’. I furrowed my brows in confusion cause I hadn’t heard from her in weeks, she hadn’t been replying to my texts or phone calls; I contemplated on just going over to her house but I ain’t wanna get her caught up or nothing so I decided against it. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was going on 1 in the afternoon so I replied for her to go ahead and come over here. It would take her about an hour to get here anyway so that was enough time for me to do my hygiene things. I hopped out the bed and walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and grabbing my toothbrush, applying toothpaste and began to brush my teeth when I heard my phone ring in the bedroom. I walked over to it and saw it was Shae.

“Hello?” I answered with a mouth full of paste.

“You hungry? I’ma stop at Wendy’s or something before I come up there.” She said softly into the phone and I smiled at the sound of her voice.

“Uh yeah gimmie a baconator meal.” I said to her.

“Alright, what you doin’?” she asked curiously and I could picture her face in my head, her eyebrows all furrowed.

“I’m brushin my teef’” I said as best I could and I heard her giggle.

“Oh alright well ima be there in a lil while.” She said and hung up. I finished brushing my teeth and got in the shower and took a long ass shower, bout a hour and a half, before getting out with a towel wrapped around my waist. I walked into my room and saw that Shae was sitting on my bed stuffing her face with what looked like a bacon cheese burger with chicken nuggets an hella fries added on to it. I walked to the side of the bed that she was sitting on and got a closer look at what she was eating; chile cheese fries, salad with maple syrup instead of ranch and fried pickles. She don’t even like pickles.

“The fuck?” I said lowly making her jump up and hold her chest.

“Marcus you scared the shit outta me don’t do that no more!” she said emotionally and she looked on the verge of tears. She was dressed in yoga pants a sweatshirt and some flip flops and her hair was in a messy bun on top of her head; she looked beautiful even in a simple outfit such as this one and she had a glow about her.

“My bad baby, but it’s nice to finally hear from you.” I said sarcastically and putting on a fake smile walking over to my dresser to put on some boxers and basketball shorts before walking to the unoccupied side of the bed and getting my food out the bag.

“My bad it’s been…..we’ll talk about it.” She said pausing then catching herself.

“Wessup with all that shit you got over there tho? You eatin’ like you pregnant.” I laughed taking a bite of my burger and shoving fries in my mouth when I noticed her demeanor change at the mention of the word ‘pregnant’. I looked over at her but shrugged it off and continued to eat. She set all her food back in the several bags she brought with her and set it to the side sitting up on the bed in front of me Indian Style. “So what we need to talk about?” I asked looking at her, she looked uneasy, nervous and scared like she was about to cry. I set my food down and looked at her concerned; I hadn’t never seen her like this other than when her brother was in the hospital. “Yo wessup with you Shae? Everything alright?” I asked and she nodded but I knew it wasn’t.

“Keep eating.” She said not looking at me but down at her fumbling fingers. I looked at her for a minute but then did what she said. “So um, I have something to tell you Marcus.” She said nervously still looking at her fingers. “And if after I tell you this, you don’t want anything to do with me then I will respect that and we can end this here and act like it never happened. It’ll be our little secret.” She said now looking me in the eyes. I was starting to get nervous my damn self bout what ever was finna come out her mouth but I kept eating waiting for her to continue but she didn’t.