Chapter thirteen. Worlds greatest pleasure.

Chapter thirteen. World’s greatest pleasure.

Millie P.O.V.

I would have held James’ hand if I wasn’t currently driving a manual, but then again I was never a hand holding girl. James was happily sitting in the passenger seat humming along to the radio, glancing at me from the corner of his eye every few seconds and then smiling to himself all happy and shit… I couldn’t help but smile myself.

I was driving us to a small diner closer to down town. They make the best strawberry milkshakes I have ever had and I was craving one. Just to make this day ten time better than it has already been…and it’s only 8 o’clock. It was turning out to be a great day, I mean the sun was shining and…oh damn the sun was shining!

“JAMES!” I pouted reaching over to punch him in the arm quickly.

“Hey! What’s was that for?” he said with a bewildered expression which changed to one of shock as I turned a corner unnecessarily fast causing him to ram into the door.

“You didn’t get to see it,” I pouted and changed gears to move faster through the city’s traffic.

“See what…?” asked James suspiciously as he rubbed his arm where he got thrown into the door.

“The sun rise dummy! Have you ever watched the sun rise over the ocean before James?” I asked swerving between cars, trucks and pathways to get to the shop fast.

 “No…” James trailed off as if it was as common as day that he hasn’t ever watched the sun rise over the ocean.

“Then you have to understand watching the sun bring everything to life is about the fourth best pleasure you can feel in this world,” I chided...slightly too poetical for my taste. We lapsed into silence for all of a minute before James spoke again as he seemed to be concentrating hard when I swerved through a particularly busy street…oh wait no this was a park, whoops.

“God I just got a girlfriend, please don’t let her kill me,” he muttered, closing his eyes as I drove over a path to cut in front of a particularly slow car…well slow for me anyways.

“Your such a baby James, anyway, we’re here now,” I declared, screeching into a spot thus cutting off some bulky looking guy in a shit-box like rusty black Nissan.

“If that guy wants to have a go at us you’re on your own Little One,” huffed James jokingly as we got out of the car, closing the doors behind us.

I looked over my shoulder to see the said bulky man start to get out of his car as James continued to walk toward the shop not even looking to see if his assumption was right. I looked the guy over head to toe….I could take him.

“Hey you took my park bitch,” cussed the particularly repulsive man as he neared the car.

“And?” I asked jutting out a hip as I layered the attitude in my voice.

“Millie what are you…?” I heard James say from where I assume was the café entry when Big Bulk Man spoke again,

“I have no issues hitting a bitch,” spat shitty Nissan guy as he walked closer to me with his fist clenched.

“I didn’t actually mean fight him!” said a stunned James as I heard him walk closer back to me.

“And I have no issue hitting a sad balding man on steroids, so let’s go,” I announced with a smirk as I moved closer. I was about to swing at the same time that the bulky man when arms snaked around my waist and pulled me backwards causing Bulky Man to stumble slightly.

“Millie, what the hell!” pestered James as he tried to move me further away.

“Let me go James. I got him,” I proclaimed trying to squirm out of his vise grip causing Bulky man to chuckle.