Two Days...

...Kenna...
I get up and I see Caden curled up in a ball beside me. I stretch my wings. Caden wakes up and walks to the other side of the cave.
"Good news," I shout. "I can fly us to New York today!" I am extremely excited to be able to be with all my friends.
Caden comes back, but he is really pale, almost a yellowish color. As soon as he reaches me, he collapses. I look into his eyes. He is not unconscious. The poison is now starting to affect him. He only has about two days left until he dies. We have to leave now. I pick him up and I launch myself into the sky heading north. As I fly he loses consciousness. His head falls against my shoulder. I need to hurry. He is dying. I can't tell him. I care for him too much to tell him he might not make it.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••It is about 7:00 p.m. when I land on New York City's beach and I am exhausted. It would probably take more than a few hours to fly to Manhattan so who knows how long it will take to walk. I carry Caden over to a dark spot beside a building and I set him down and I lay beside him. I sit up and I peck his cheek and I lay back down. I can't believe I did it. I kissed him. I wonder if he feels the same way. He will never know my Godly parent. Never. I fall asleep.
I'm in a rusted cage. I struggle to get out, but the cage seems to get thicker the more I fight. I see snakes come into the light. I am now face to face with hundreds of snakes. My mother comes into view. Medusa. She is holding a whip with a jagged end. I scream. She starts to whip me.
"You are a disappointment to me and your father! You have never done my bidding but the god's that are my enemies. They will soon find out where you came from and what you are!" She pauses, but continues to whip me until the dress I'm wearing is now split in half and looks like a ripped shirt and skirt.
"A demon."
I wake up to Caden holding me down. There are whip lashes up and down my arms and beads of sweat dripping down my brow. He will never know.
...Caden...
I wake up to hear Kenna screaming and thrashing her arms and legs. There are random cuts appearing every second. I even hear her whispering, "He will never know" or "I'm sorry." I take action and I hold down her arms and legs and I try to shake her awake. Her eyes slowly open.
"Are you ok? What happened?" I ask frantically.
"I'm ok" she says.
"Your arms and legs don't seem to agree with you." She looks down.
"Not again," she mutters as a tear slips down her cheek.
"Let me help you clean up." I put her arm around my shoulder, grabbing her hand and the other is around her waist supporting her.
We walk to the beach trying not to be noticed. I set her down and I try to clean out the wounds.
After cleaning them, I go and retrieve her satchel with all the food and some gauze she used on me. I dig around until I find some. I wrap her arms and legs. I noticed something that I didn't see before. Her dress is ripped and there is blood stains where her waist is.
"Can I?" I ask. She nods her head. She sits up a little, giving access to her waist. I start wrapping. I feel my face heating up as I go. When I finish, she relaxes.
"Thank you." She looks into my eyes and her hand caresses my face until she leans closer to me, her lips on mine. At first I'm too shocked to do anything, but I kiss when I feel her start to hesitate. Then I eventually wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me. He hands move away from my face and are wrapped around my neck. She runs her fingers through my hair. I pull my lips away from hers and start to kiss her jaw line. I kiss her neck then her shoulder. Then I move back to her lips. As I do she looks relieved. Every time I kiss her I feel like were drifting apart so I pull her closer. I eventually feel her wince beneath the pressure. I immediately pull away and look at her. She smiles at me and whispers to me, "Don't stop," then she falls asleep in my arms. This is the best night ever.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I love this chapter. I know all my chapters are short but this is the best. Aren't you proud of what I can come up with? Medusa has been planned for a long time and I know the kissing scene kind of sucked but that is not the point. But remember, my book is based entirely on a dream. But overall, my books are great. 😋