3+

" and i remember the fear in your eyes the very first time we snuck into the city pool. "

ϟ

dear calum,

we used to have so much fun together. i loved every single moment i had spend with you – the good and the bad. you were my partner in crime.

remember that time we were bored that one friday night? all we did was stay in bed and watch movies the whole day. then, i suggested we do something a little bit crazy to get out blood pumping. you automatically agreed even though you didn't know what the plan was.

i blindfolded you and walked us a few blocks to the city's community pool. when we reached the pool's gate, i untied the blindfold. i stuffed the piece of fabric in your back pocket and began to climb the fence. you looked at me with wide eyes.

"what are you doing?" you asked me as i was almost at the top of the fence.

"being a little bit crazy," i winked.

"it's in the middle of november. it's freezing!" though you used to act like a badass, you were never the one to get in trouble with the law. i loved that about you.

"don't be a baby. come up here, we don't have all night!" i say as i stop climbing and wait for you to catch up to me. i could still feel the vibrations from the fence from you shaking with fear. once we hopped the fence, i began to strip myself from my autumn appropriate attire.

"strip, you perv!" i tease as you watch me undress. i must say that i might have tried to be a bit more seductive as i rid myself from my clothing. but, nothing was more sexy than us helping each other out of our clothes.

when we were in our underclothes, i grabbed your hand and said we would jump on three. you looked at me with fear in your eyes. i gave you a reassuring smile and you returned a half-smile.

"one, two, and three!" i shout. you jumped in, but i had let your hand go before i could. i laugh as you come up to the surface looking for me in the water. you look up to me and frown. i lean closer to the edge and give you a soft kiss. without any time, you pulled me into the pool by my shoulders.

"you geek!" i giggle as i reach the surface of the water. i splash you a couple of times as you do as well. this started an over-the-top water fight. it was so intense that for half of the game i played with my eyes closed. i'm pretty sure we drank most of the pools water.

when we ran out of breath you swam over to me and held me in your arms. the night was quiet; the only sound heard was from our chattering teeth. i was so cold and my lips were blue. is that why you kissed them that night? because they were blue?

but once you kissed me, my body warmed up. it was like they turned red. when i was with you, you always made me feel warm – always safe. now that you're gone, i'm cold. colder than that night.

but, we can't forget when the neighborhood watch came and chased us out of there. it was hilarious and such a thrill. i think that's the day we realized we love the thrill of running. i think that's the day that we started to run.

we got walked back to your house and took a bath. then you held me in your arms until we both fell asleep.

i sometimes wish to be in your arms because after the day you left, i felt lost. i'm lost without you, calum. i wish you were here with me again but, i just had to ruin it. i had to ruin us.

always with you,

ashley nicolette. x