Chapter 9: Especially not infront of Blair

Greyson's POV:

Cherry and I had a great time in her house. I got home exactly 7:30 in the evening.

"I'm home!", I cried. No one answered. Where are they?

I went to charge my phone. I went to the kitchen after that. I saw some muffins in the counter. I ate it. And went back to my phone.

I took my phone and dialed Blair's number. I put the phone on my ear. Beep beep beep beep. I dialed it again, still the same beeps are answering.

Okay now, I'm getting worried. My phone rang, unexpectedly. I looked at it and saw Sheila's name floating. I accepted the call.

"Hey Sheila! What's up?", I said cheerfully. I heard a sob.

"Sheila? What's wrong?", I asked worriedly.

"Greyson. You monster!", she said shakily.

"What-what do you mean?", I said, panickly.

"Blair...", she sniffed.

"Blair what?", I asked quickly.

"Blair is in the hospital right now! Because of you!", she said, sobbing in betweens.

I gazed and dropped my phone. The last phrase that Sheila said is echoing inside my head.

"Because of you!"

It's because of me. It's my fault that Blair is now in the hospital. It's my fault.

I took my phone from the floor and grabbed my jacket. I ran outside and took a cab.

I'm very selfish... My best childhood friend and best bestfriend made into an accident because of me.

"Hello Sheila? What is the name of the hospital?", I said while pattering my fingers on my leg.

"Edmond Medical Center.", she answered.

"Okay. I'll be right there.", I hung up.

I patted the taxi driver's shoulder, "To Edmond Medical Center, please.", I requested.

"And please step on it. I'm in a hurry.", I added. He nodded and drove faster. My eyes are getting kinda teary. Oh God please. Tell me that Blair is okay. My hands are getting sweaty.

After a few minutes, I arrived. I paid him and went inside the hospital. I walked to the counter asking, "What room is Blair Olson?"

She looked in the screen of her computer, "R-8", she replied.

"Thanks.", I said. I walked faster. Where's this R-8? R-8? Where are you?

I saw Sheila, biting her nails off. I ran to her. "Where's Blair?", I panted.

She pointed the room and crossed her arms on her chest. I opened the door and saw my family and Blair's family around her. I walked slowly to Blair.

She is unconscious. There's a bandage on her forehead. And there's a tube on her nose, that where she breathes in. I stopped at her side.

I was stiff. It's all my fault. I can't believe that I let my bestfriend alone. I chose Cherry over her. Blair's so innocent. And I'm so stupid.

I held her hand, "What happened to her?", I muttered, still in a gaze.

"She almost got hit by a car luckily Arden saved her. She bumped her head on the post when that happened.", Aunt Yolanda explained.

"Arden? Who's he?", I asked.

"We just met him today. I'm glad she saved Blair."

That's kind of a good news but still there's sadness in my heart. I'm very thankful that there's a guy like him. Not like me, careless and selfish. I wish I am Arden. The one who saved Blair.