Chapter Forty Four

I see them but they don't see me.

I know they are there but they don't know I am.

I am going to kill, they are not.

I am powerful. They are weak.

Anakin Skywalker walking glances up towards me, but doesn't see me. I am concealed by the darkness of the cave.

The two Jedi walk along the floor of the cavern, along the one that leads to the largest. The taller one knows he is being watched, and he feels uneasy. He's looking everywhere, hand on his own hilt for reassurance. He fears the worst.

I am the worst.

I slip from cave to cave, stalking them soundlessly, unseen.

Now, it is time for the action.

A scurrying shadow. A whisper of a breeze. A roll of the stone. A presence in the force.

They sense me. But they do not see me. I stand metres away, concealing myself, my presence, behind a boulder. They have already passed.

I will not fail.

A strong power glides through me, along my out stretched arm. Ahead, a stone fly's upwards; I let it drop.

A bang. A smash. A clatter.

The Jedi sweep round as one, watching. They see the stones, but not me. They know they are being played with. My distraction has worked.

I fly up into the air, the force guiding me. I fly over their heads, land, roll. Concealed once again. They saw a shadow, but they did not see me.

The Chosen One has had enough.

He fly's upwards too. He lands on the ledge below me. I stay quiet. I stay still.

He turns, inspecting every crack of rock, every pillar of stone. He knows my game. Eyes scan my rock, but not around it. I am safe. I am unseen. The Chosen One cannot find me.

But he will not give up.

The force has failed him, so now he shall use his own eyes, his own ears, to track me down.

The force is not with him.

His master below watches my rock. He is suspicious. He does not call the other back. He too is fed up. He does not want to play.

However the darkness is with me. It will continue to hide me from prying eyes.

Then the Chosen One supports a bright blue blade. He comes towards me. He knows I am here.

Anger boils within me. But not my anger. The Son's anger.

I must rid myself of it. I must satisfy him.

He comes towards me, my anger increasing with every step.

I will kill him.

I will kill them both.

Then there is a flash of light. Two blasters appear down below. They shoot at the Jedi.

The bounty hunters have returned.

A/N:
I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

Or, also known as, the only explanation I can come up with.

It's Halloween soon.

Such brilliant excuses. XD