Chapter 2

I was finally done cleaning and Emily should be here any minute now. The lasagna was cooking, the table was set, and I had soft jazz music paying in the background.

I was sitting on the couch smoothing my already ironed jeans. I had picked out a flowy white blouse, dark blue ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black Doc Martens. My hair was in light curls, and I had light make-up on. I started to fidget. It had been  awhile now. I checked my phone, still no messages and it was already 7:16. I stood up. Then I heard a small knock. I pretty much ran to open the door, almost falling over the potted plant in the entrehall. I swung the door open. There she stood in her swim team uniform which consisted of her sharks jackets, jogger pants, and her Rosewood Sharks shirt. Her hair was still slightly wet and she smelled like her strawberry body scrub. It had me on a high. It made me blush a light pink in my cheeks, but I think my make-up may have masked that.

"Hey Ali! Sorry it took me so long! We had our meeting, and then I had to take a shower, and and...." she spoke really fast. I cut her off.

"It's okay you're here now." I grabbed her hand and pulled her inside.

"Oh okay." she said. 

We walked into the kitchen. I hopped onto the counter. Emily just leaned against the counter across from me. I could smell the wonderful scent of the lasagna.

" Smells good. Whats cooking?" she asked.

"Lasagna's in the oven, salad's in the fridge, and bread is on the table." I respond with a smile.

"Ohhh fancy!" Emily says with a giggle. We both start to laugh. The laughing then dies down and we are surrounded by complete silence. Emily starts to tap her foot. It's a nervous thing I've noticed she does a lot.

"Umm...." I started to say something, but then the oven dings which means that the food is ready. "Emily, could you get the salad out of the fridge for me please. Thank you."

"Sure." she walks over to the fridge, grabs the cesear salad out and places it on the table. I grab the hot pads and grab the lasagna out, walked it to the table, while hitting the oven door closed with my butt. "Hot dish coming through!! Beep, beep, beep." I say as Emily moves out of the way and giggles. I place the dish on the table. We have a small table. Nobody ever  really eats at it. I usually eat by myself st the breakfast nook. My parents are always out of town or away, so I've gotten used to being alone a lot.

~FLASHBACK~

"ALISON LAUREN DILAURENTIS, GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" I heard my father scream from down stairs. I knew better than to take my time to get down stairs or to talk back to him. I ran down the stairs taking two at a time.

"Yes, father." I replied.

"DON'T YOU DARE GIVE ME ATTITUDE YOUNG LADY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" He screamed again.

"Yes, father." I cringed at his voice.

"I got a call from the school today, telling me MY DAUGHTER decided it would be a good idea to do something in the janitors closet!!!! If you know what I mean." My father said through gritted teeth.

"Dad that's not even what happ...." I started to say, but was cut off.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME!!! YOU HAVE NO MORE ROOM TO MESS UP!!! THIS IS A SMALL TOWN. WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING IT CAN SPREAD FAST. I RAISED YOU TO BE A POISED, POLIET YOUNG LADY, SO ACT THAT WAY!!! DON'T GO AND HOOK UP WITH SOMEONE IN THE JANITORS CLOSET, EXSPECIALLY WITH A GIRL. YOU DISGUST ME ALISON!!!" He screamed, and stomped into the backyard slamming the back door. I ran upstairs to my room and screamed into my bed. He never got to hear the full story.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"So Emily. How is the swim season going?" I ask trying to start a conversation.

Emily sets her fork down and looks into my eyes. "Um it's going okay. I have a Scout coming to watch me. He's coming from California on behalf of the United States Olympics Team." She slightly smiled.

"That's great! But what's got you hopes down?" I tilt my head to the side a bit.

She looks down. "Well, I'm a little nervous. It's 12 days away and my times haven't gone down at all. The meeting we had.... Well, that was about the Scout coming. Coach told me if I didn't drop at least 2 seconds, they wouldn't accept me. So, I'm a little stressed. Melissa on our team claims she can beat me." She said.

I scoffed, "I know you can do well. Believe in yourself. You can take those 2 seconds of. I know you can. As for Melissa, I will beat the shit out of her." I laughed.

We both started to laugh.

"Ali, be nice! We kind of need her for the relay." She said scrunching up her nose.

"Oh, well I'll just have to hurt her later then" I replied.

She giggled. "This is really good lasagna. You're a good cook."

"Thanks Em. I made it yesterday. I just stuck it in the oven and heated it up." I say blushing.

"Well it's still amazing..... Just like you." That made me blush a deeper shade of red probably now showing through my make-up.

We sat in silence for a while before she stood up. "Here let me take your plate." She reached her hand out to grab my plate, hold hers in her other hand. I slid my plate away from her.

"No. This is my house. I invited you to dinner. Sit down ad relax. I got it okay?" I replied standing up and taking the plate out if her hand. I walked over to the sink.

"Okay then"

"Why don't you go look on the tv and see if there's a good movie on or something? Sound good?" I said while sticking the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Yeah sure." She walked into the other room and turned the tv on. I put soap in the dishwasher and started it. I walked into the living room to find that Emily already found a movie. "What movie did you pick?"

"The Lakehouse." She replied nonchalantly.

"Never heard of it." I shrugged.

"Well it sounded good. Kind of romantic." She pressed play. I walked over and joined her on the couch. I pulled a blanket from the basket next to go couch an draped it across us. I tried to get comfortable in my spot.

"Come here. I don't bite" Emily patted the spot right next to her with her arms open. I slowly moved towards her and snuggled up to her body. She pulled me in.

Halfway through the movie my eyes started to get heavy. I guess Emily noticed. "Hey Ali, if your tired we can turn the movie off and watch it later."

"Alright. I kind if had a long day. I'm totally just out of it right now. But thank you so much for coming over Em. I had a great time." I said.

"Me too" she grabbed her bag and walked toward the front door. She gave me a quick hug and walked out the door.

"Bye Em!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Chapter 2!! And yes I had to put that picture up because fetus Emison is yasssss!!!! Anyways I'm going to Halloween party tomorrow. Yay for me! And on to Chapter 3 I go.

~Colleen