Prologue

Prologue

"How long has this been going on?" She asked in shock, staring at us with her blue eyes that I once envied wide open.

"A few months?" Justin guessed, our complicated yet beautiful relationship's timeline still unclear.

"Great." She laughed hollowly. "Just fucking great." She spat and I clenched my eyes shut knowing this wasn't going to end well.

Taylor only swore when she was extremely angry or hurt and right now she was both those things.

"The one thing I asked of you, the one thing! I asked both of you to never get involved or at least tell me first if the feelings were there and you did it anyway!" She screamed, angry tears rushing down her pale cheeks.

"Tay you don't understand-" I spoke up, hoping I could make her see things from our point of view.

"I don't understand?! No I understand everything clearly. You both lied to me, for months! You played me for a fool and I fell for it! You denied it down to the very end! Don't I just have the greatest brother and best friend?" Her sarcasm sending a shot of pain to my heart.

"Taylor-" I tried but once again was cut off.

"Just forget it Selena. You took my trust and shit on it so fuck you. Just fuck you." She spat spitefully causing a tear to run down my cheek.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Justin gritted, anger flashing in his eyes.

I squeezed the hand I was holding, subtly telling him to leave it.

"Why'd you do it Justin?" She continued. "Was it because I'm not your real sister? I'm not your blood?"

I knew what she was doing. It was the same thing she's been doing her entire life.

We hurt her so she was trying to hurt us, her way of pushing us away from her.

She was trying to protect herself.

"We-"

She shook her head at me, hurt shining in her eyes.

"Don't. I want you both to stay away from me. I mean it. Whatever friendship we had is gone. Whatever relationship I had with either of you is gone. Stay away from me. I hope you're happy together." She said before turning and running out of the room.

I pulled away from Justin and ran behind her, refusing to let this be the end of our friendship.

I was not losing her. Not her.

I couldn't handle losing her.

-

-

-

-

New story! I hope you like this one too.

Please give me your feedback, I'd love to know what you think of it.