Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Selena's POV

"Having fun?" Taylor asked me as she handed me another drink.

"You know I am. You did a great job." I smiled taking a drink.

"Thanks. I kinda put all my frustration and anger into this. Besides, I couldn't have your eighteenth birthday party be a failure."

I laughed at her expression.

Someone called her name and she wandered off, leaving me to talk with one of my cousins.

"Mind of I borrow her for a little bit?" Justin asked from behind me.

"Sure. I'm going to go find that friend of yours." She smirked.

"Come on, I wanna give you your gift." He whispered, gesturing for me to follow him.

I allowed him to walk a little distance in front of me then discreetly followed him up to my room, glancing around to make sure no one saw us.

A few more hours and Taylor would know...

I closed the door behind us watching as Justin retrieved a small gift from his pocket.

"Don't freak out okay?" He glanced at me nervously.

"What is it?" I asked curiously. What was I going to freak out about?

He smiled genuinely, looking at me with eyes of love.

"Happy birthday babygirl." He placed the neatly wrapped gift in my hand kissing me softly.

"Thank you." I pecked him again before glancing down at the gift in my hand.

"Go ahead, open it." He bit his lip anxiously.

I did as I was told, feeling his eyes on me. I ripped away the paper revealing a small jewelry box.

Inside the box was a beautiful ring, the jewels glittering as the overhead light shone on it.

It was silver and had an infinity sigh made out of two hearts.

I looked up at Justin for elaboration, a grin on my face.

I knew it wasn't an engagement ring because apart from us only my mom and his dad knew but that didn't mean I wouldn't marry him in a heartbeat.

Was that wrong of me?

That I was ready to marry the person I was in a secret relationship with at the mere age of 18?

"I didn't know what to get you and I wanted it to be special and I couldn't ask Taylor obviously so I asked your mom but she was no help because all she said was that anything I got would be special to you."

I smiled. She was right.

"But then we got past the whole 'I love you' stage and you once told me you loved the idea of promise rings so that's what I got you."

He lifted the ring from the box and showed me the engraving on the inside.

The word 'Always' was written in a beautiful cursive font.

Then he removed the simple silver ring he was wearing and held it out for me to see.

On the inside was 'Forever and...'

"Your ring completes the statement 'forever and always.' That's why I chose it because, as cheesy as it sounds, you complete me. And everytime you look at your ring I want you to know that I love you for that long. And our hearts are bound together for infinty."