Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Justin's POV

I was in the living room with my dad and Andrea waiting for Taylor to come home.

I rubbed my hands against my pants nervously in anticipation to what was about to go down.

I knew one thing for sure; she was not going to be happy.

The door clicked open and the sound of her laughter mixing with Selena's was heard through the house making a small smile appear on my face. I was so whipped.

They both appeared in the doorway and Selena sent a smile my way when our eyes connected.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Taylor asked plopping down on the single seater opposite me forcing Selena to sit next to me.

I looked at dad seeing him exchange glances with Andrea who nodded and got up going over to her daughter.

"What happened?" Selena whispered to me but I just shook my head.

"Sweetheart," Andrea began, "Well, um, Jeremy and I talked and we decided that this wasn't working anymore."

"What do you mean this?" Taylor questioned tentatively but I knew she knew what they were referring to.

"I mean our marriage Taylor."

"So are you going to counselling or something?" She asked.

"Taylor, we're getting a divorce. The papers were signed last night. Your mother and I are no longer married." My dad spoke up.

I heard Selena gasp next to me but my attention was on Taylor.

She bit her lip and nodded. I watched as tears gathered in her eyes.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but this just isn't working anymore." Andrea told her softly, rubbing her hand on her back in comfort.

"So," Her voice cracked and she cleared her throat before trying again, "So what's going to happen now?"

"I bought a house not too far from here. Justin and I are going to move. Now Taylor I don't want you thinking that just because your mother and I aren't together anymore, you don't have us. I do consider you my daughter so feel free to come to me about anything, call me anytime. Our relationship won't change."

"I," She took a deep breath and stood up. "I need a minute."

And she left.

I took that as my cue and followed her out, Selena hot on my tail.

She wasn't in her room so I went to mine and saw her curled up in the corner of the room, crying into her hands.

I walked over to her and knelled in front her opening my arms for her.

"Come here sis."

She collapsed in my arms and Selena walked over to us, wrapping her arms around her from behind.

Eventually her sobs grew quieter until they stopped completely.

She pulled away from me and leaned into Selena who was still holding on to her.

"Justin, can you promise me something?"

"What?" I questioned.

"Promise me that this divorce won't affect our relationship."

"I promise Taylor. You're always going to be my little sister."

-

-

-

-

Selena's POV

"Are you okay? You know with the divorce and stuff?" I asked Justin later that night.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He answered. "Actually, I'm not sure how I feel. When dad told me about it, I didn't really react. I just said okay. It's like I'm indifferent about it. Is that normal?"

"There isn't really a normal way to feel I guess. People deal with stuff differently. Just know that if you ever need someone, I'm always going to be here for you."

"Thanks babygirl." 

"Anytime." I rolled closer to him, so that my head was tucked right in the crook of his neck and grabbed the hand that was resting on his stomach and began to play with his fingers.

"Jay?" I called after a moment of silence.

"Hmm?"

"What's going to happen if Taylor doesn't approve of us?"

"I...I don't know."

"I don't want to lose you Jay." I murmured, the idea of life without him making my heart ache.

"I don't want to lose you either." He muttered drawing me impossibly closer and I could tell it was bothering him as much as it was bothering me.

"I guess we'll just see what happens?"

"I guess."

"This is probably going to sound really bad but if she wants us to break up....would you consider doing this again? Like having a secret relationship?" His body tensed up ever so slightly as he awaited my response.

"Maybe. I don't want to hide it from her but if it's the only way I get to keep the both of you in my life then I can't say I wouldn't do it." I answered after I thought it over.

He let out a breath as his body relaxed again and I pressed my lips to his skin.

"Don't worry about it too much, we still have five days more or less. Try to get some sleep."

"Selena, can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything." 

He sat up and I moved my head, also sitting up so I was facing him.

I saw the turmoil on his face, the various emotions filtering through his eyes.

"Just....promise me you won't freak out on me? If you don't feel the same way we can just pretend it never happened, okay?" He asked nervously.

I placed my hands over his fidgeting ones and scooted closer. "Justin what is it? You're scaring me."

"I think I...I'm..inlovewithyou."

"Wait what?" I asked, trying to figure out if I heard that correctly.

"I love you Selena, I have for a really long time."

"I love you too Justin."

"Really?" He asked shocked.

"Really." I smiled. "I just thought I was moving too fast so I never mentioned it."

He grinned and his entire face lit up and he pulled me to him, kissing me passionately, a both out mouths formed in a smile.

I loved him.

 And he loved me.

No matter what happened - with Taylor, with his parents, with anything, - we had each other.

-

-

-

-

Thoughts?

This is all over the place and for that I apologize.