Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Selena's POV

I woke up in Taylor's room with a pounding headache, my eyes burning and an invisible weight on my heart.

I didn't want to be here.

I knew that much.

This house was filled with so much memories of Justin and I and it hurt.

Where was Taylor anyway?

I groggily got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth then proceeded to stare at my reflection.

I looked the same way I felt; horrible.

My makeup was not only smudged but it was all over my face due to the waterfall of tears I had cried. My eyes were red and puffy and black surrounded it. My face was pale and there was evident tear stains.

I looked like a freaking zombie. The undead had nothing on me right now.

I walked downstairs seeing the house empty. Where was everyone? Where was the hoe? Maybe she stayed with Justin last night....

I shook my head in a feeble attempt to get rid of that thought but it was too late. I was crying again.

The need to get away was too strong and without even thinking about it I walked straight out the front door, walking the short distance home. It took everything I had in me to avoid even glancing in the direction of Justin's house as I walked past it.

I should have listened to Taylor. Why did I have to get involved with him?

I opened the front door to my house and almost immediately the image of Justin hit me.

We had spent most of our relationship here, just being together.

I couldn't stay here.

"Selena?" My mom snapped her fingers in front my face snapping me out of my daze.

"What happened? Why are you crying? Why are you barefeet? I thought you were staying at Justin's? Where is he?"

"I want to go stay with dad." I told her, my voice small and empty.

"What why?"

"I don't- I can't stay here Mom." I cried.

She pulled me into her embrace as I began to sob.

"Baby what happened? You're scaring me." She asked softly as she rubbed my back.

"Justin- he cheated-" I cut myself off as I began to cry harder.

"Oh sweetheart. I get it. It remind you of him, doesn't it?" She stated sympathetically. "I'll call your dad. Go pack your stuff."

I nodded and pulled away wiping away my tears.

I walked up the stairs to my room feeling thankful for the handrails that were currently holding me up.

It took me a good five minutes to enter the room and when I did, I did my best to avoid looking at all the pictures of us I had up.

I opened my suitcase and grabbed anything I saw stuffing it all in.

When the suitcase couldn't hold anymore I pulled it out of the room and pulled to door shut.

I slid down the wall and brought my hands up to my face as I began sobbing. Again.

Fuck, breakups really did make you an emotional mess.

And you know what's the saddest part?

I still didn't have it in me to remove the ring he had given me when he promised to love me forever and always.