Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Selena's POV

It was after ten and everyone else was asleep sans me.

I couldn't sleep. Eventually I got fed up of staring at the ceiling of my new room as memories plagued me and decided to come downstairs and watch TV in hopes that it would keep my mind occupied so I wouldn't have to be constantly thinking about him.

"I will love you until my dying breath."

"LIAR!" I whispered hoarsely, throwing a popcorn kernel at the television screen.

The doorbell rang and I groaned in frustration.

Couldn't the universe just let me be miserable in peace?

Who the fuck even shows up at 10:46 in the night?

"You better be the answer to my fucking problems or I swear to-" I grumbled under my breath as I roughly yanked the door open only to be greeted by the sight of the last person I wanted to see.

I tried to close the door but he was faster than me - and stronger - so he pried it open.

"What the fuck are you doing here you absolute asshole?!" I whispered harshly trying to keep my voice down so I wouldn't wake my dad.

"I came to see you. I-"

"Well I don't want to see you! Not now, not ever, so get the hell out!" I raised my voice.

He placed his hand over my mouth and grabbed me, dragging me outside as I struggled angrily.

"What the hell?! Are you insane?!"

"You need to listen to me. Please princess." He pleaded.

"Do not call me that."

"I'm sorry. Selena please. Just hear me out. Please, I'm begging you." He looked at me and his eyes looked so sad that I found myself nodding.

Damn him. He knew his eyes were my weakness.

"I know what you saw looked bad-"

"Bad? Bad? I saw my freaking boyfriend - who claimed to love me and only me forever mind you - making out with his best friend who is in love with him! Bad does not even begin to sum that up!"

"Okay I know." He winced. "Just hear me out."

I crossed my arms and waited for him to continue.

"What happened was..."

"Hey Meghan." My dad said awkwardly and my mom's eyes widened.

"Hey." She turned her attention to me. "Hi Justin."

"Hey Meghan..." I greeted hesitantly.

She stood at the table even though everyone was silent and the atmosphere was tense and I averted my eyes, pretending to scan the menu.

Kill me now.

"Uhm, I'm going to go to the bathroom." My dad excuses himself.

Bastard left me to fend for myself.

I sighed and dropped the menu.

"Look Meghan, I already explained to you that we are nothing more than friends and never will be. I love Selena and only Selena so I really think it would be best if you-" I was suddenly cut off as she placed herself in my lap and attacked my face with her lips.

What the fuck?!

My hands flew to her hips and I was about to push her off when she was ripped away from me by an angry Taylor.

He ended his explanation and looked at me expectantly.

"Why didn't you tell me before? Why wait until I left?" I asked unsure of whether to believe him or not.

"Why do you think you haven't seen Taylor around all day? She basically locked me inside my house." He huffed.

I studied his face.

He had bags under his eyes which meant he didn't really sleep last night but he was looking at me the same way he usually does.

With eyes of love.

I blew out a breath of air. "I believe you."

"Thank God." He sighed in relief and pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing me as if he hadn't seen me in forever and this was our one and only hug. "If not I was going to have to call my mom out here as a witness."

"Wait, did you drive all the way here?" I asked only now realizing that he was three hours away from home.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"How else was I supposed to get to you? You weren't answering me, at all."

"Sorry about that." I said sheepishly, feeling dumb for not hearing him out earlier.

"It's okay. I completely understand."

He glanced down at my hand and smiled softly.

"You still wore the ring."

"I didn't have the heart to take it off." I confessed.

"I love you Selena. I love you so much. Only you." He brought his face closer to mine.

"I know and I love you." The second the last word was out, he enveloped my lips in a passionate kiss.

"Come on, let's go inside." I took his hand in mine and led him inside the house, closing the door behind us.

I pulled him down with me on the mattress and snuggled into his chest as he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Will you come back home with me tomorrow?"

"Of course. I only came here because it was too painful to stay at my house."

"I know. Your mom told me."

"Oh. You went to my house?"

"How else would I know you were here?"

"That makes sense I guess."

He chuckled and buried his face in my hair.

"Please don't ever doubt my love for you Selena. I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship. I love you too much to lose you." He spoke honestly.

"I know that now, I'm sorry. Never again, I promise."

"You don't have to worry about her. I made it clear that I never wanted to see her again. I've never wanted to hit a woman so much in my life."

"Please tell me you didn't."

"I didn't but I wanted to. I don't even know where she stayed last night because I'm pretty sure Taylor didn't let her into the house."

"You mean she didn't stay with you?"

"Of course not. Are you crazy? I want nothing to do with her. I almost lost the most important person in my life because of her."
I kissed his chest.

"But I take it you and Taylor are back on speaking terms?"

"We had a heart to heart in the bathroom." I informed.

"Yes." Then I added, "Well after I explain what actually happened she will."

"Good."

"Good night Justin." I yawned.

"Good night babygirl." He whispered tiredly.

-

-

-

-

I'm not sure where I really wanted this book to go so I think it'll be finished soon and I'll just class it as a short story.

Thank you all for your immense support.