Almost Girlfriend Part 1

You were walking down the street and you could see girls everywhere searching for the guys from some band you had listened to once and then never heard again. You had never really bothered listening to them after that, they didn't seem like something you'd really be into. They weren't bad, they just weren't your style You walked into your usual sushi place and smiled at the woman at the front, "hi, y/n, usual table?" You smiled and nodded, "same thing as every other Friday, thanks, why's it so quiet today?" She seated you and set down edamame in front of you, "apparently those boys in that booth over there are famous and their security or something asked that we not let in any fans, but you're a regular so that shouldn't be a problem."

You shrugged and started looking over the happy hour menu, even though you knew you were just going to order the same as always. A few minutes passed by and your friend walked in and sat down at your usual booth. She looked around, "why's it so dead in here?"

You looked over at the four guys sipping their sodas, "5 Seconds of something is here so they're being careful about who they let it in, they don't want a riot."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed a menu, "so, should I check off the usual?"

You got through your meal and when you were finished your friend had to get back to work so she left, but you still wanted fried ice cream so you waited for your dessert. When it came and you were about to shovel in a spoonful of ice cream someone walked up to the table, "your headphones dropped out of your bag earlier when you walked in, I thought you picked them up, but I guess not."

You swiped them out of his hand and flashed him a quick smile, "thanks man, 'ppreciate it."

He looked at you awkwardly and you noticed him, "sorry, did you need something else?"

He smiled and sat down across from you, "I'm Michael, I was going to say hi earlier, but I figured you probably wanted to be alone with your friend."

You kept eating, "I'm y/n, nice to meet you Michael" you smirked, "so, you're the reason my beautiful city is swarming with fanboys and girls."

He laughed, "well, yeah, sorry about that, but I guess the four of us are kind of just used to it."

You took another bite, "right...those guys."

He smiled, "you know most people have brought up the band a lot more in conversations."

You laughed quietly, "gonna be honest, I don't know much about you guys, from what I understood from the past hour of screaming fans and you talking to me, you're from 5 Seconds of something, there are four of you, and your name is Michael."

He smiled, "that's refreshing, well, since I can get to know you as just Michael and not Michael the band member, do you want to go out to dinner tomorrow?"

You took the last bite of ice cream from your dish and smiled, "sounds good."

Michael laughed, "feels good."

You gave him a confused look, "what?"

He slid you his phone so you could put in your number, shook his head, and chuckled lightly, "I'll explain in tomorrow at dinner."