Single Dad AU

Monday morning you got up and decided to go grocery shopping. Normally you would wait until Wednesday, but you felt like cooking something nice tonight and needed more ingredients. You drove down to the store and got a shopping cart. You started grabbing everything you needed, pineapple, broccoli, peppers, beef, etc. Then you decided you wanted to treat yourself to dessert as well. You decided you'd make your favorite chocolate cake.

As you walked down the store isle, a someone came up to you and tapped you on the shoulder. You were taken aback by this and jumped a bit, but when you turned around you saw a young man.

He smiled and spoke nervously, "sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, but you look like you probably know more about cooking than I do."

You nodded and said, "well, how can I help you?"

He had a bag of brown sugar in one hand and white sugar in the other, "I'm trying to make frosting and it said to use sugar but I don't exactly know what kind."

You smiled, you remember being confused by these things too, "Well, what does the recipe say?"

He pulled out his phone and showed you the recipe he was following.

You shook your head and laughed, "You don't want that frosting, I used that same recipe for a dinner party and it was awful. The ratios are completely off."

He sighed, "Do have an suggestions by chance? I'm not great at this whole cooking thing."

You grabbed both bags of sugar and put them back, "Sure, I use a recipe that only calls for three ingredients."

You motioned for him to follow behind you as you made your way through the isles and found everything you needed, "you'll need powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. First put in about a cup and a half of powdered sugar, add one tablespoon of vanilla, and then stir in the milk little by little until you get a frosting consistency."

He smiled and took the ingredients from you, "thank you so much, I really appreciate you helping me. I'm Michael by the way."

You shook his hand and grinned, "Nice to meet you Michael, I'm y/n."

He looked a bit nervous, "Would you like to have dinner sometime?"

You looked at your cart and then back at him, "How about tonight?"

Michael nodded, "That sounds great."

*one month later*

Michael had been acting odd lately and you decided you wanted to surprise him by cooking him dinner. You pulled up to his house and rang the doorbell. You heard running and then the door opened.

A little boy who couldn't have been older than four, was standing there smiling, "Hi! I'm Elliott!"

You figured Michael was babysitting or something and giggled and crouched next to him, "Hi Elliott, is Michael home?"

Elliott turned around and shouted, "Daddy!"

Michael came ran around the corner covered in paint and stared at you and Elliott, "Oh, y/n, I didn't know you were coming by - Elliott why don't you go change out of your painting clothes?"

Elliott ran off down the hall giggling and you raised an eyebrow at Michael, "You have a son?"

He sighed, "Yes, and I know I should've told you but-"

You squealed and laughed, "I love kids! You should've told me!"

He smiled, "really? I was afraid you wouldn't want to be with me once you found out."