A Very Merry Christmas

One night, you and Michael decided that you wanted to have one day to just decorate the house in Christmas decorations and have fun. It'd be a great big Christmas preparation day. You woke up at ten in the morning on Saturday morning, you had set your alarm clock to play "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as soon as you woke up. You tried to get Michael up but he just covered his head with a pillow. You decided you'd let him lay there while you went to go get Starbucks for you both. You brushed your teeth and pulled your hair back, but you stayed in your pajamas and went through the drive-thru.You got a white chocolate mocha and you got Michael a hot chocolate.

When you got home you saw the Michael was still buried beneath his blankets and decided to sing, "You really can't stay."

Michael's singing was muffled, "baby it's cold outside."

"You're in the way."

"but Baby it's cold outside."

"Your slumber has been, so very nice."

"Come on, my balls are cold as ice!"

"Michael, we can keep doing this, or you can get your butt up and drink your Starbucks while we decorate!"

Michael sat up and grinned, "Starbucks you say?"

He quickly got cleaned up and then met you outside in the living room. He sat down next to you by the fireplace, grabbed his drink, and kissed your cheek, "you're the best." The two of you discussed what you were going to do that day, you had a lot to do. You both decided to start with hanging the lights outside. It seemed best to get the difficult things done first while you still had a lot of energy.

You two went out to the garage and began to take the Christmas lights down from the attic. You carried them all outside, and then looked at Michael, "who's doing what?" He smiled and looked at the house, "I know you don't like heights, so I'll hang them on the roof, you work on the reindeer and trees." The both of you went to work on your lights. Michael ran off and got the ladder to string up the lights and giant wreath. Meanwhile, you were tossing were setting up the reindeer light display. Michael finished a little bit earlier than you did because he only had to do the front of the house, so he went to go see how you were doing.

He saw you throwing lights at trees. You were too short to reach to the top of them, so you figured if you threw the lights enough, they'd be bound to snag on a branch eventually. You readied yourself to throw the lights again, but then you felt Michael grab you by your hips and lift you up. You quickly strung the lights at the top and then patted his head so he knew to let you down. You walked over to the next tree and did the same thing. Then, you each went to one of the trees, grabbed a string of lights, and started running around the tree in circles. After a minute of doing this, the lights were winding down the trees and looked magnificent. You and Michael ran to the sidewalk to see how it looked, and when you saw it, you grabbed onto Michael and kissed him, "it looks amazing!" He then held you in front of him by your waist and giggled, "not as amazing as you do!"

The two of you held hands and strolled back inside to start of the next project. Michael decided he wanted to bake muffins and decorate the hallway. You knew the muffins could bake while you decorated, so you ran over to the kitchen. He got out the ingredients he knew you needed, apples, carrots, nutmeg, oil, cinnamon, and eggs. When you turned back around he had his arms full and was about to drop everything. You grabbed some of it from him and said excitedly, "are you ready to bake!?" He shouted back, "I LIVE FOR THE THIS."

You had Michael preheat the oven and spray the muffin tin with cooking spray while you mixed together all of the dry ingredients. Then when he was done with that and you were putting in all of the wet ingredients, you designated him the job of grating the apples and carrots. While the two of you were working, you decided to sing along to the Christmas playlist you had playing.