Chapter 10

Two days later...

"What do you mean you're leaving?!", shouted sanji in protest. The whole crew and vivi were standing in front of shae, plus ace by her side They were all staring at her in unbelief. Shae nervously put a strand of her hair out of her face while staring at the ground. But her decision was made.

"I'm going with ace...I know this might've come a bit abruptly, but there are reasons that I'm doing this. Luffy, you've accepted me on your ship without hesitating. I am so very thankful for that, and I need you all to know, that it hurts having to leave you, since we grew together in this short time... you've all been there for me so much, I just want to thank you for that! And vivi...I am in disgust with myself that I'm leaving, now, that you need our help..."

Vivi quickly interrupted her:"Shae! Stop. I can see that this is of great importance for you. Hey, I have all the others to help me. I'm sure we'll hopefully meet again, please don't feel guilty now!"

Shae smiled. She has always had a very good connection with vivi from the beginning. She was a person who could sense someone's feeling really well.

"Shae." All the eyes turned to luffy as he spoke.

Shae's eyes widened by the seriousness of his tone.

"You know that...that you can ALWAYS come back, do you?! We'll always have a place free for you when you finished your mission!" He knew why shae was doing this afterall.

As he almost screamed those words, tears were forming in her eyes and she could see ace proudly smiling at his brother.

Throwback to yesterday...

Shae couldn't believe what ace's was saying.

"With you?! I should join your mission to kill someone?" They were both sitting on deck and facing the ocean as the sun was going down. They were alone.

"Not on killing someone, but to accompany me. I'm thinking about sending you to father, I know he's gotta know something about your ancestry."

"Ace, you know what I've told you, you gotta keep it an absolute secret! We're not even supposed to talk about this! Did you forget what garp told me?"

"Yes of course I haven't... however, what is your answer?"

Shae stared at him, not knowing what to say. She should just leave her new won family? She should just let vivi down? And that thing with whitebeard...she felt uncomfortable with it. At least he was one of the four emperors and said to be the strongest man alive.

"I...I don't know."

"I know you got powers inside of you, that are bigger than you even know yourself. What you've told me...everything makes sense now. These things that happened in our childhood, the people all avoiding and hating this little girl I left behind a long time ago. I can help you get to know those powers and to get done, what you've made your life mission. I am a 100% sure father knows something about all of this, then you might have another clue and you can find out why the government is chasi..."

A hand was shut over ace's mouth harshly.

"Are you mad?! Don't talk about it!"
Shae's breathing calmed down and she slowely removed her hand from his face.

"Sorry...but do you see why I wanna take you with me? At least for a bit..."

A long time, no one said anything. Shae's thoughts were spinning around as she was finding out if it'd be the right thing to do.
Ace's wasn't wrong; she needed help, she just needed more clues. She finally needed answers!...

Back to the present...

"How am I supposed to thank you for that..." shae whispered, unable to raise her voice.

Luffy just smiled and pulled her into an hug. Closely after, everyone joined in and shae hadn't felt so much warmth and love ever before. She was totally overwhelmed.

"But when will you leave?" Nami asked out of the big wad that they've created.

Ace, who was standing a bit aside all the time, now joined in the conversation and answered:" This evening. I'm already two days behind. And the winds are changing..."

Now everyone looked sad and shocked again. But it was said, it was done. There was absolutely no turning back now. Shae was sure, that this was the right way.

The day passed in rush and they all
spent one last early evening together.
After sanji cooked the probably most delicious thing shae had ever tasted, ace and her were leaving to pack up.
And then, the farewell was coming. Shae hated farewells, and she was glad that ace made it all quick. She wouldn't have had the heart to stay any longer, and she knew that.

So this night already, fate wanted her to walk a whole new path in her life, which should bring many answers to her.