Chapter 12

Everything happened fast. The men were gone within seconds, all having a frightened expression. Ace eyed all of them with death glares, every single one. His hands were clenched into fists and thick veins started appearing on his arms. Shae could see little flames escaping inbetween his fingers. As soon as they were alone again, his expression changed from furious, to worried real quick. Shae by now still was pumped with adrenaline and couldn't calm down her quick and heavy breathing. Her clothing was ruined.
Now that she was realizing that her chest was almost revealed, a enormous feeling of embarassement overcame her. She tried covering herself up with her arms, letting her head hang. Ace almost sprinted over to her after he made sure the men were really gone.

"Shae...never scare me like this again! My fucking god, did any of these shit pigs hurt you? I swear I'll tear these bastar..."

"Ace, stop. I-I'm fine..." shaes voice was still shaking, but she started to regain herself by now. Ace came a step closer and hugging her tight, which made her feel kind of safe again.

"I-I would've could defend myself, you know." She murmured. Ace frowned and stated:"But then you wouldn't have let it come that far."

"Yes but you just know that I've promised myself only to use my powers in complete emergencies. I was just at it but then you came...thank you ace for saving me, again." Now finally a small smile appeared on his lips.

"You're right. Sometimes I forget that you're not a little girl anymore which needs to be protected. Thank god you're here to remind me you could actually rip me into pieces, just like you almost did one time" he chuckled.

Shae hushed him:"Don't talk about it, that's a long time ago already. But thank you anyway."

"You're welcome."

After a few moments they've decided to leave this building. Since shae's clothing was ruined ace gave her his anorak which he used when going to cold places.
So now they were walking as shae asked ace:"Where were you actually going just before? I saw you leaving with the bartender."

"He gave me some information about teach." He shortly answered.

"So?"

"He's been here not a long time ago. I guess we just need to follow where the logpose is pointing. It'll lead us right towards him."

Shae simply nodded. In fact, she didn't want to see ace killing anyone, even if blackbeard deserved it. Why would whitebeard send ace for killing such a person? Shae assumed that guy was a hard one to defeat.
They both actually hadn't planned yet what to do when the time has come.
She kept on thinking about it for a while, but then decided to leave this topic for another time.

"Shae?" Ace broke the silence.

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you thinking about ignoring the old man's demand and finally show bastards who want to harm you who you are?"
shae just stared at him, eyes widened.
Ace responded with rolling his eyes.

"Come on, I can see how much you hate it. I know how much you love fighting, because you're good at it! Look at me. You know who I am, and I hate it. We've talked about this. But I am happy with my life cause I've found people who accepted me for who I am. If I'd was to be you, I'd hate to be alive like that."

Shae shrugged her shoulders. He spoke exactly what she's been thinking for such a long time. She really wasn't happy with her life like that. She hated the hiding and to be helpless.

Ace just sighed.

"I guess, you're time will come. And I guess it will be soon."

He's right...The government knows who I am, even more than I do. They are here and they are real. Just as real as my powers. One day, I can't keep on hiding. There will be a war, I can feel it. And if I want to know who I really am and why they want me dead, I'll have to stop hiding. That'll be my only choice, and I am willing to risk what it takes.