Chapter 1

Zoros P.O.V

"Hey Usopp, see something?" ,yelled Luffy at the top of their ship, where their sharpshooter Usopp sat and was looking for land. They've just entered the grandline and they all were glad that they survived and were here now. Zoro really thought that they would not get here all healthy, it was unbelieveable, their ship, Merry, sailed up a mountain, and at the top they had to catch the right way and they boosted down again on the other side. If he wouldn't have seen it himself, he would have never believed that something like this was even physically possible.

But they were here now, exhausted, a bit shocked, and alive and full of motivation and enthusiasm.

Zoro knew his goal, he wanted to be the best swordfighter in the world, and he would do everything to reach that goal.

But for now, it was important to get some orientation and to sail to the next island, to stuck up their rations.

"I see a small island, we could camp there over the night!", Usopp responded Luffy.

Luffy smiled even brighter than he did before. Oh god, this boy always smiled. Zoro grinned and shook his head. He would have never thought that he'd become a pirate, and especially not that someone like Luffy would be his captian. Of course, he was a real idiot sometimes, but for his friends, he would give his life. And what a will he had, stronger than steel. Yes, Luffy was a good man, although he got on Zoros nerves often.

Right now, Luffy jumped around and gave his crew instructions, his crew, that he loved so much. There was him and Usopp, but also their navigator Nami and their cook Sanji.

Zoro leaned back and waited for the ship to berth on that island that Usopp had seen. It couldn't be a big one, but that would also mean that they could camp there over night safely. Well, that's what he hoped. There could be anything happening on the grandline, at least that's what people said.

Of course, when they arrived he and maybe the cook would make sure that there was nothing dangerous, and they would go looking for food and maybe a small lake for fresh drinking water.

Few moments later they arrived at the border of the island, and it was just about to get dark. Luffy demanded that Zoro and Usopp should go look for food and water, while the other three would stay near the border and start a campfire. Few moments after that Zoro and Usopp made their way into the jungle-like forest that was all over the island. Of course Usopps body shook wildly and he permanently clinged onto Zoro, until he had enough and pushed him away.

"No Zoro, you don't understand! This is the grandline, there are monsters here for sure! What if we get attacked? You know what, lets just head back to the others...please?", Usopp was whining but Zoro didn't listen to him.
of course there could be strange things going on here, but i still have my swords and would sure be able to protect me and the crybaby Usopp. Zoro was attentive, but it was hard to scare him or to make him lose his nerves.

They were now walking for a while and found some fruit they could eat, but they still needed some fresh water. Besides, Luffy could get really annoying when he hasn't had meat in a long time. So they were looking for that too.

Zoro tried to listen to any sound a small rabbit could make, but it was really silent. They still walked further into the forest, and meanwhile, Usopp had calmed down a bit. Suddenly Zoro stopped and Usopp almost crashed into his back.

"Hey Usopp, can you hear that too?", Usopp looked into the direction where Zoro was staring, and responded:" Is that some sort of a waterfall?"

"Could quite be. Lets have a look." Zoro said and walked now a bit faster.

After a few hundred meters they arrived at a small, but yet cristall clear lake, where a thin strip of water ran away on the other side.

"Looks good! Can you fill these two vessels with the water please?", Zoro asked Usopp. "I'll make sure that were safe here. I'm really thirsty and could use a break." - "Sure...but you you're careful, okay?" Zoro mumbled a "yeah", gave him the two vessels and gazed around.

What attracted Zoros attention all the time was, that it was so silent. There was no wind, no animals, no insects, just the water abd the breathing sound of the two. Zoro had now distanced himself from Usopp quite a bit and he sat down on a fallen tree trunk. He breathed out and was just about to close his eyes for a bit, when in the corners of his eyes, he saw something. It hushed away so quickly, that he couldn't even figure out what it was, and what it looked like. But they needed meat anyways so he slowely got up, and silently pulled his swords out. He had three of them. One, he would stick between his teeth, the other two, he held in his hands.

Now he could finally hear another sound. He heard very quick, but almost soundless footsteps, that were now behind him. Zoro waited a second before he turned around, and jumped into the direction the sound came from. A quick strike with his sword should kill the animal, or whatever it was. And he was very satisfied with himself, as he could feel something touch his blade.

It was only a fraction of a second later, where there was a cry and the thing shot out of the dark and just disarmed Zoro by his two swords that he held in his hands.

He just wanted to attack when he realized it was a human, under a wide brown cloak. He thought that the person wanted to fight him, but to his suprise, it let his swords fall to the ground and put its hands up.

Meanwhile, Usopp has seen the things going on and sneeked behind a tree to hide.

"Im sorry I've scared you, but I'm not up to bad. I just seek a ship to travel to the next island. I'm stuck up here."

Zoros eyes widened when he realized it was the voice of a young woman, and seemingly harmless woman, that just disarmed him like it was nothing. The young adult now raised her head, and Zoro saw that he had cut her right cheek. He was kind of in a confused condition. He couldn't remember seeing such a beautiful young woman lately. She was petite but yet athletic. Her hair was snow white and her eyes jet black. She had soft skin and her look had something deep.

Usopp had now revealed himself and wondered what Zoro would do next.

"Are you serious?" He asked critically.

He knew now that she had some fighting experience.

"I sure am. Im really sorry but i just wanted to be sure that you are not dangerous, and that you have a ship."

"We...we have a ship actually. If you promise to be friendly we take you with us, and our captain can decide." said Zoro after a bit hesitation. Usopp now walked up to them.

"Thank you. Besides, I'm Shae. And here are your swords, I didn't mean to threaten you.",Said Shae calmy.

"Thanks. I'm Zoro and this fella behind you is Usopp. And I'm sorry too. I've cut your cheek. We'll take care of that when we arrive at the camp." Shae nodded in respond. She put down her wide hood and now revealed her whole face. And Zoro thought that there was a really pale, strange pattern on her forehead, but it was so slight, that it couldn't be seen without a closer look.

The three now headed back to the camp, and night has overcome the land already.

Shae was rather a silent person, and they didn't talk much. He saw Usopp was still shaking a bit, but if that woman tried to attack them, he could fight her. But now, he was just more than curious about who she was. She just exuded something, that made him feel comfortable, but also reverent.
We'll just find out. She seems like a good person, but it's crazy how she just disarmed me like it was nothing, and so easily...
Im just really curious about what Luffy will say about her. He has somehow always had a good sense about people...