Chapter One; Memory Lane

Written; November 3, 2015
Published; November 3, 2015
Book finished (date);

Vampire romance novel; Trial and Error

Authors Note; I've just thrown some ideas together and came up with this. Please point out any errors you may see. Well now that my terrible intro is out of the way, let the story begin.

She looked up at me with pleading eyes. Those deep brown eyes beg for her life. She didn't want to go like this, I knew that. No one would want to be murdered by the hands of a demon.

I knew I was in the wrong, yet I could not stop. My canine teeth retract from there current spots as my body is bend over hers.

"Its okay... It will all be over soon." With that my teeth sank into her throat causing her small body to tremble and quail....

"Atropos?" A soft voice echo's with worry.

Bring me back from my memories I quietly respond, "what." It came out harsher than I meant it to.

My companion peaks at me from the corner of his eye, but says nothing as he accelerates the car. We have to attend a high council meeting up in the smokey mountains tomorrow afternoon. Me being the "alpha" of the only vampire "gang" in Tennessee left standing.

My name is Atropos, yes I am a vampire named after the goddess who cut the thread of life and chose the manner of a persons death. I am, as far as I know, only twenty-five. I was born into this vampire state, most are changed but I am rare, I am special, I am a trial and error....

Seven Hours Later
--------------------

We pulled up to this beautiful log cabin, four times the size of my feeding house, with deep red and blue roses littering up the cobble walk way. The shutters over the windows are painted black with the "alphas" symbol painted in red square in the middle of each shutter.

Caerus, my companion, parks the car in front of a small living courters in which we shall be staying in.

I scurry out of the car my legs cramped from the long car ride. I pop my neck by sliding it to the right. It makes various cracks as I travel to the back of our 2014 jeep to gather my bags.

"Hey Atropos?" Caerus softly says from behind me. I chose him to come with me to the meeting because he was named after the god of luck and opportunity, as much as I hate to admit it.... I needed help and luck for this meeting. I guess you could say he is my good luck charm?

Caerus grabs half the bags and I grab the other half. We walk into the living courter and drop the bags off in the cozy living room.

The living room has a 72 inch flat screen TV on a dark wood entertainment center. There is also a tan couch across it pressed against the white wall along with a matching love seat sitting on the right of the couch. The walls are bare all except a painting hanging above the couch of the same symbol as outside. The "alphas" symbol.

I look at Caerus, "I'm going to take a nap wake me if any council members show or require my presents." With that I walk up the flight of stairs I saw when I first entered. I declare the last room, the master bedroom, as mine.

I collapse on the king size bed, my frail body sinks into the fluffy black blankets. I am unlike everyone else. I need sleep, like a human, I need regular food, like a human my body works like a human body. The only difference is.... I also need blood to thrive. I get weak and sickly without blood, food, and sleep. That's why I, out of all, am head of the Blood Oath "gang."

Authors Note; I am going to put the order and ranks of the vampire "gangs" below, from strongest to weakest.

1.) High council
2.) Blood Oath
3.) Black Hearts
4.) Under goers
5.) Alliance
6.) Seventh Life

Oh and my apologies for the short chapter.

P.S. Image is of Atropos.