Go for it, babe.

(LISA)

        "Oh, there you are!" 

        Shane gives me a weak wave. He looks a mess, and I suspect he didn't leave the house all day again. He's been a homebody the past few days. I'm starting to get worried.. "How you feeling, hun?" He shrugs and sits up more. "Fine, why do you ask?" I take off my heels and gently get on the bed, sitting criss-cross and facing Shane. "I don't know, you've seemed distant the past few days, do you feel sick?" He turns his head away from me. "I said I'm fine, everything's fine.."

        Okay, something's definitely up. I reach out, grabbing his chin and turning his face back towards mine. His eyes are a bit red and I can tell there's something big on his mind, taunting him.. "Spill it, bucko." Shane turns his head quizically, and I glare. He sighs and his voice gets shaky. "I-I've been thinking about things.." I take his hands. "You can tell me anything, Shane. I'm your best friend. Please, trust me."

        He starts crying a bit, struggling to get his words out. "Lisa, you're the b-best thing that's e-ver, ever happened to m-me, a-and I trust you so fucking much, I really do-" I kiss him, feeling his tenseness go away. "Babe, calm down and talk slower. I'm here for you." He takes a deep breath, tears still streaming down his flustered face. I wipe away a few tears with my sweater sleeve and give him a reassuring smile. What can be tearing him apart so much?

        "I never thought I'd say this, but.. I'm in love with someone." 

        "I'm suspecting by your tears, it isn't me?" He shakes his head side to side slowly, trying to avoid eye contact. I try to hide my hurt, wanting to hear everything he has to say before freaking out. He has to have reasoning behind this. "... Who, Shane?" He grows quiet again, and I playfully hit his shoulder. "Come on, who is it? I need to congratulate the lucky girl!"

        He looks me in the eye, gesturing his index finger out. Wait.. "guy?" He nods and hides his face in his hands. Well, I just heard him admit to the thing he has been denying since the beginning of his career. How lucky am I. "Heh, guess they were right," I joke. He looks back up at me, with a pitiful half smile. "So y-you aren't mad?" 

        "Of course I'm not mad, Shane. You're my absolute best friend. Am I a bit shocked? Of course, but I'm not mad at you." I squeeze his hands and put my forehead up to his. "If you're gay, you're gay. I'll always support you." He genuinely smiles, kissing my nose. "I still love you, you know." I smile back. "I love you too, of course.. But you still haven't told me who he is." He leans against the bedframe. He sighs, looking at me from the corner of his eye. "You really wanna know?" I laugh, "Yes! that's what this is all about isn't it? Get to it!" Shane gulps and smiles. "Its.. Its Joey." "Graceffa?"

        "Joey Graceffa. I'm in love with Joey Graceffa." 

        I smile and go and make an "aww" sound. At least its somebody who would never hurt him. He looks at me, raising his eyebrow. "You're taking this really well, for someone who just lost her boyfriend of over a year to a man with a quiff." I giggle a bit."Hun, we all kind've suspected this would happen. And I'm not losing my best friend, now am I?" He nods. "So.. watcha think about us?" "Go for it, babe." He reaches out and hugs me tight.

        This doesn't feel like a breakup at all, honestly. It feels like old times, where we're close but we don't kiss or anything. I guess it'll be something to get used to. Maybe I could write a book about this..

        "The girl who lost her man to 'Shoey': a bestseller."