I Wouldn't Rush Into This, Okay?

(SHANE)

        I woke up, groggily sitting up and groaning. Heh, guess I passed out on the couch again. I stretched, making an inhuman sound and picked up my phone sitting on the table in front of me. 10:35 a.m. Wow, up before noon, Shane? On a free day?! You go, girl. I smiled at myself; since I took a break from any big YouTube projects for about a month, I've been sleeping in way more. I lightly laughed at myself and sleepily strolled over into the kitchen area to paw around for some breakfast.

        "Morning, Sunshine! Have a fun night?" Lisa strolled past me with a wink. I was still not fully awake yet, so I didn't feel up to her games. "What?" I walked over and grabbed a morning protein shake out of the fridge and plopped down at the breakfast bar. She skipped over to me, leaning over the opposite side of the bar and fiddling loosely with a note in her hands. "Well, I read this and didn't think it was for me. So it must've been you and Joey, unless another Shoey duo was in our apartment last night." She gave me a half-smile and I took the note from her, reading it to myself.

        "Shane,

         I would've stayed the night, but it was getting late and Kalel needed me to help her out with some things.. I put our bowls in the dishwasher and cleaned up everything else. Text me if you ever need anything, okay?

        ~ Joey"

        I looked up at her as she walked away with a smug look on her face. "Nothing happened, you know. He just came over for a bit, that's it!" Lisa giggled and picked up Corny, carrying her over to the couch. "Uh-huh, I'm sure nothing happened!" I huffed at her blatant sarcasm and turned the bar stool to where I faced the living room. "Oh, hush! You know I'd never do anything this soon. I mean, look at how long it took for me to ask you out! I wouldn't rush into this, okay?" Lisa turned around, her eyes big. "I was just playing, Shane! I know nothing happened.. Why are you so on edge about it?" Was I really being that defensive about this? I hadn't noticed.. Oh good going, Shane.. "Sorry, Lisa. Its still a bit too early for me." She gave a thumbs-up and I took a big sip of my shake. I turned back around and heard Lisa record something for her daily vlog.

        "Good morning, beautiful people! How are all of you on this fine day? I'm doing pretty well, just chilling with Corny today.." She turned towards me, and then back to the camera. "On second thought, I might as well go to the gym or something. See you guys there!" I dully leaned my head on the bar and took another swig of my shake. I heard the door open and close behind me as Lisa left for the "gym." I don't know if she's really going there. Hell, I don't know half the things she does anymore it seems.. Oh well. I might as well go to my mom's house today, since I have to still play in this stupid charade for a while. 

                                                                            ~ ♡ ~

 (A.N) Hey guys! Oh gosh, I'm really sorry this took so long. And its not even a long chapter at that >.< If you're following me, you'd understand the uploading difficulties I've been having. Siiiigh. Oh well, the wait is over! And another chapter will come soon <3 Love you guys! And thanks for so much positive feedback ^_^ ~Catherine