Chapter 5: Awkward.

[ J A M E S ]

I groaned as Daemon forced me to come with him to meet Emma, I don't know why he was so hooked up with meeting her, apparently she was secretly a mermaid and he wanted to prove it for once and for all that it wasn't his mind playing a trick on him.

We saw a mother walking away from a girl in the water with her child.

"Pretty good, display you just put there." I heard Daemon say to the girl in front of us, Emma? I looked at her more carefully and noticed a green tail behind her.

"Holy shit, is that a tail? I got to take a photo of this." Did I just say that out loud? Oh well, I looked in my pockets to find my photo to quickly snap a picture, before I got the chance to, Emma stood up, literally stood up with two legs- no tail. What?

"Sorry boys, maybe you were just hallucinating, and Daemon, you should really get checked out, seriously, me with a tail? What a wild imagination guys. Better luck next time." She smirked at us whilst walking away.

Did she just sass us? Damn that's hot. Huh? What? I said nothing.

I heard Daemon groan with frustration as he chucked his phone to the ground, "I was so close." He muttered under his breath.

"Hey look, I got to go, I meet you later?" I told Daemon. "Whatever." He replied. Yeesh, rude much.

I quickly ran over to Emma before she got the chance to disappear, I touched her arm and we both immediately froze, looking at each other's eyes.

"Uh, ehem, I was going to say that.. I'm sorry for being an asshole. It's just that I guess I've been hanging around with Daemon too much and I guess I take after him." I admitted as I moved my hand to my hair scratching my neck.

I had no idea what had just happened just now, we both got lost in each other's eyes just by my touching her arm. She's my (soul)-mate?

"JAMES WHERE ARE YOU? GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU" Daemon calls from a distance causing all the seagulls to fly up into the air in a panic.

Way to kill the mood.

[ E M M A ]

I nodded slowly, unsure of what to say, "thanks I guess?" I smiled weakly.

James returned the smile before running back to Daemon who was regrettably looking at his phone which had a smashed screen.

Oh no, no, no, no this can't be happening right now.

James touched my arm. We looked in each other's eyes. That means he's my (soul)-mate. But that would also mean he's a supernatural? I thought it was just a rumour, so I'm not the only supernatural then. But what kind is he?

-

*BRINGGG BRINGGG*

I Groan as reach for my phone, I turned it on only to protect my face from the deadly bright light. I turned my brightness down on my phone, I then looked at the time -3:27am- I groaned again, who would in the right mind text someone this early in the morning?

Unknown: Hey..

Me: Uh hi? Who is this?

Unknown: oh sorry, it's James.

James? How did he get my number?

Me: James? Okay this is a little creepy, how did you get my phone number?

Idiot: Uh, you gave it to me when we were like in year 7.. :p

Oh yeah. We were like best of friends back then, until he met Daemon of course and threw me to the side like I was trash.

Me: I'm surprised you still even have it.

Idiot: Yeah well.. I never forgot you. I'm sorry for ditching you..

Here we go ugh.

Me: Did you seriously out of all the time in world you decide to tell me at 3:30 in the morning?

Idiot: ummm, maybe. I need to ask you something.

Me: okay....

James: Can I see you? Like right now?

Me: uh, sure, let me get changed.

James: no need.

All of the sudden my window was open and in climbed James. Did he just seriously climb a two story house with nothing to hold onto?

"Hey.. I didn't mean to scare you." James said as he slowly walked towards me with his arms out in front of him, looking for where I was. He suddenly tripped landing on my bed on top of me, cursing in pain.

"Oh uh, sorry." He whispered as he climb off me. This question better be worth it.
"So, how are you?" He asked whilst straightening himself out.
"Seriously? You text me this early, come into my room somehow, and trip on top of me and you ask if I'm okay?!" I harshly whispered, I turned on my bedside lamp to get a better view.

"Sorry I was just trying to be nice.." He weakly smiled. I sighed, "I'm sorry too, so.. That question?"
"Oh yeah, uhh, you know back on the beach? Please tell me you felt something happen back then?" James said with hope in his eyes. "No I don't know what you're on about." I started playing dumb as I want him to tell me.
"Ems.. You do, you and I both know what that meant back there.." I cringe from hearing James say my old nickname he used to call me.
"So what if I do? It doesn't mean anything." I mumble as I try to hide myself under the covers.
"So your a werewolf too? Not a mermaid?" He exclaimed hopefully. I shot straight up, what does he mean werewolf?
"W-Werewolf?" I stuttered, frightened.
"Well yeah. Duh, I'm a werewolf, so are you, that's what that meant back on the beach, we're (soul)-mates, right?" I wasn't sure if he was questioning me or himself, because right now I needed to get out of here.

Mermaid blood was like a drug to wolves.

And I have one standing right in front of me.

***