o n e

UNEDITED
----------

I call him back and put my phone on speaker.

"Luke?"

"Go to the gas station down the street from the house-"

"Why?"

"Do not come to the house, text me when you get to the gas station."

"Luke!"

"You are in danger, more than before."

"What danger?"

"You cannot know. Not yet. I promise I will tell you, soon." He hangs up.

The traffic starts moving and I drive closer to my house, eventually passing the gas station. I go to my house and get out, grabbing my phone and running inside.

"Sage?!"

I turn and see Luke. And someone else.

"Luke, who is that?"

The person turns around as another two appear in front of me.

The person hitting Luke is my father, and the others are my mother and brother.

"Luke- what's happening?" As I look around from terror, I see someone else, laying in the floor dead. "Who is that?"

"That," my mother starts, her voice echoing, "is our murderer."

"Sage," Luke starts, trying to hit my dad, but his hand goes straight through him. "Go back to your flat!"

"You tried so hard to get me out here and now you're kicking me out?"

"GO!" Luke screams and blood begins to come out of his lip. "Do not leave your flat, do not open the door, I will be there as soon as possible."

"Luke-"

"NOW!"

Another hit from my father made him double over and clutch his stomach, and that gets me to turn around and run as fast as I can.

The drive home was dangerous, my mind was racing. I kept looking around me to see if anyone was following me, which caused me to swerve around a lot. I was 10 over the speed limit, causing me to let off the gas every time I saw someone that looked anything like a cop. Thank goodness no one was undercover.

I got home in about 15-20 minutes, due to my nonstop speeding, and ran into my flat, locking the doors. I immediately check that all of my windows and my back soot is locked, I can't believe two hours ago I thought this was just a joke.

My Netflix is stilled pulled up. My bed still looks how it did when I left, my cereal is still out, (so I put it away,) I don't think anyone's been here. I still feel a danger around me.

I text Luke, asking if he's okay, but he doesn't answer for about 30 minutes, with "I am okay." I ask him when he will be here, but he doesn't reply.

Soon enough, it's midnight, and I'm getting tired. I'm scared to sleep, however.

My phone goes off, "It is getting late, you can sleep.