t w o

UNEDITED

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I wake up around 11 in the morning, looking around, I don't see anything strange. I look at my arms. The bruises that were there last night aren't there anymore. Maybe it was al just a dream.

I hop out of bed, walking to the kitchen. I get out some Honey Nut Cheerios, pour me a bowl, and make my way to the living room. I sit down, quick pray for my food, then turn on Inside Out. I will never grow up. I am about halfway done with my cereal when I hear the sound of my bathroom door shutting. I freeze, grab my spoon, and prepare for the worst. Well, the worst that I could kill with a spoon, I want to win this.

Luke walks into the room, looking at his phone.

Crap.

"Hey, Luke." I say.

"Hey, Sage," He replies. "You thought it was a dream, huh?"

I almost question him, but them remember him reading my mind yesterday. Instead, I nod, earning a chuckle from him. He sits next to me, so I scoot over a little, just to give him some more room.

"What, you do not want to be near me?" he jokes.

I look at him, "Just giving you your space."

He nods, smiles, then scoots closer to me, I don't move this time.  I figure if I do move, he will just move closer.  Eventually I will run out of couch room.  He begins to pay attention to Inside Out, laughing at the little characters inside of Riley's head.

"So, does this girl have a multiple personality disorder?"

I look at him, "What?"

"Does Riley have a multiple personality disorder?  I mean, she has all these different versions of her in her head, just with one major difference in personality.  However, in the end, all that they really want is for Riley to have a good life."

Are we really about to have a legitimate conversation about the meaning of Inside Out?  Yes, yes we are.

"I interpreted it as an easier way of showing how human she is; it divides up each of the main emotions so that you can see each of their qualities.  However, you are definitely right about one thing: they only want for Riley to be happy.  Disgust tells Riley to stay away from certain things so that she will be happy, Anger gets mad because she's not happy, but I think it's truly a story about the battle inside ones head."

"Oh, I would not know."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing," he states. 

We finish the movie in silence, almost, I cried a lot at the end.  It gets me every time.  After it's over, I stand up, stretch, and go to my room.  I pull out my work clothes, taking off my pajamas to put them on.

"Hey, Sage-"

"DON'T COME IN I'M NOT DECENT!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Luke laughs, "I am not, but where are you going?"

"Work, gotta pay the bills."

"You cannot go to work, you are still unsafe."

I open my door, letting him know that I am clothed, and grab a brush, pulling it through my hair.  "Maybe not, but I need to make money, Luke."

"Sage-"

"Luke, do you want to come with me to work? So you can look out for anything sketchy?"

Luke sighs, "Yes, please. Thank you, Sage."

I nod and put on my shoes.  Then, I brush my teeth, apply minimum makeup (Mascara. That's it. A/N literally me if I wear makeup.)  Now I can leave.

Luke sits in the passenger seat of my car on the way to work, asking me questions about everything.  'Why are there two peddles?'  'What does the N stand for?' 'What does this nob do?'

"Luke, haven't you ever been in a car before?" I ask, laughing at his cluelessness.

"No.  They do not have them around when I am from."

"Where are you from?"

"It does not matter." He says.  "It is the past."

I nod and continue driving to work, humming lightly. Once I get to work, I park the car in my spot and turn to Luke.

"Luke, I work for nine hours, with a 30 minute lunch break. I need you to just sit at the bar, don't get in anyone's way, and don't do anything weird, please, okay?" I plead.

"Yes, I can do that." Luke gets out of the car, walking in front of me. I run ahead of him and step in first, showing him to the end of the bar, and walking away.

"Would you like a drink?"

I turn around at the person talking, it's a girl about a year older than me.

"He's okay, he's just here with me for the day."

She glares at me, "I was talking to him."

Luke looks at her.  "I am okay. Thank you, though."

"Well, I could get you something to snack on." she offers, giggling.  She needs to stop.

"He said he's fine." I say.  Now I'm not getting mad out of jealousy or anything.  I just don't want him to accidentally say that he's only hanging out with me because he's been assigned to keep me safe.  I wouldn't live that one down.

She glares at me, again, "Calm down, it's not like I'm gonna steal him from you, if you could even get him." she laughs. 

Luke jumps up, and gets in her face.  "Do not speak to Sage like that."

"I'm sure you say the same thing behind her back."

"I would never say a cruel thing about Sage." Luke replies.  "She is an excellent person to be around."

The girl laughs.  "The only thing Sage is excellent at is being a major failure."

"Shut up."

"What?"  She looks at Luke, obviously shocked.

Luke growls a little, moving closer.  "I said shut up."

"You shouldn't speak to a lady like that." she says, flipping her hair and turning to walk away.

"Then you should not talk to Sage the way you do; and technically, I would not consider you a lady.  I would consider you a-"

I walk away to protect my ears.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><>

WOOH I MISSED THIS BOOK I LOVE IT THANKS FOR 50+ READS AND 10+ VOTES!

Next update at 75 reads and 20 votes!

Comment and vote please?

Love you!

-Savannahxoxoxo