t h r e e

UNEDITED

Day one of my update calendar, I will be updating Out Of My Limit on Mondays! Learn about more schedules and possible contests on my Instagram, @whatsupBRUTHUH :)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Although it is hard to pretend that I don't want to smack whoever that girl was in the face, I do my best. After dealing with too many drinks, as well as too many drunks, I am finally able to have my 30 minute lunch break.

"C'mon Luke," I state and continue to walk outside.

He runs up to me. "Where are we going? You still should have work for several more hours."

"I have lunch break," I say. "Where do you want to go? Somewhere close."

He looks around. "Is Chick-Fil-A any good?"

I look at him, literally flabbergasted, "You've never had Chick-Fil-A? Do they not have it in Australia?"

"What?"

"Australia," I say. "It's where you're from, right? Your accent-"

"Oh, yes. It is just that I never went outside much. I was indoors a lot, training."

"For what?"

He pauses, "Just exercising I mean, cardio and weightlifting, stuff like that."

We crossed the street to Chick-Fil-A, the smell of chicken and French fries smacking me on the face. I show Luke to the line, asking him what he wants.

"What do they have?"

"Chicken, hence the name, Chick-Fil-A." I laugh. He slowly nods as I order. After asking for chicken nuggets, I turn to Luke.

"Do I just ask for a chicken?" he whispers.

"NO! Goodness, no, uh, do you want a chicken sandwich?"

He confusedly nods, and she takes the order. I get it plain, just in case. We find a seat and get our drinks, I refer Luke to the Blue Raspberry Powerade, and then we sit down. I pray for my food, as always, then begin to eat. Luke also takes a bite, I stop chewing and watch for his reaction.

"Oh my goodness."

"Good?" I ask.

"Oh... My... Goodness!" he screams. "THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER TASTED!"

"Isn't it?" I laugh.

He doesn't answer, he just stuffs his face with his chicken sandwich. "You should work here," he says with his mouth full. "So we can get these all the time."

"Luke, I have a job."

"You are 17." he states. "You're job is basically illegal."

"Luke, quiet. I'll work here as soon as they get an opening, sound good?"

"Excuse me, miss. Do you know if you are hiring?"

"Actually, we are." she smiles. "Would you like an application?"

"Yes, well, one for her," He turns to me and smiles, "right?"

I roll my eyes at him and nod, smiling at the girl. She walks away and I smack Luke on the arm.