Runaway

Author's Note: I remember setting a goal for Adventures back when I was writing the prologue earlier this month. I wanted it to reach 1,000 reads by December and with the way things are going, I am really really overwhelmed that I'm reaching my goal a lot faster than usual. I just wanted to give a shout-out to my AlDub family, the Official Aldub/Maiden Nation Bacolod Chapter, for being so supportive of me and my short story collection. You guys don't know how much your positive feedback motivates me to write even more stories for our dear ship. I also wanted to thank everyone who's constantly promoted Adventures on Twitter. I may not know you all personally, but thank you from the bottom of my heart. Aldub you all to the highest level!! I hope you like this new story.

- Annette

--

It was going to be a long day ahead. My road manager, Pat, just gave me a run down of my schedule for today, and though we were still inside the van, caught up in some good, ol' traffic, I couldn't wait to get home.

I sighed as I continued fiddling with my phone. Aside from the fact that I lacked sleep last night because my siblings and I decided to have a movie marathon at home, I wasn't feeling so well. I felt like I was having a slight fever. Overfatigue din siguro sa mga pinaggagawa ko.

"Okay ka lang ba?" Pat asked me. I nodded in reply, appreciating the concern she always had for me.

"Sure ka ha? Baka himatayin ka na naman ulit. Di kita sasaluin."

I laughed. "Ikaw talaga. Okay lang ako. Pagod lang siguro."

Pat nodded, leaning against her seat. She was beside Manong Rommel, my driver, who always seemed like he needed directions whenever I had to go somewhere. Bulacan-based lang talaga siya eh. Ang cute nga.

As I looked out the window, my mind starting drifting off to somewhere. I was imagining myself laying on a white sand beach, getting myself sun-kissed.

"This is the life!" I said, enjoying every bit of this moment.

When I felt like I was getting enough sun, I sat up and walked towards the nearest coconut tree to get some shade. Surprisingly, it seemed as if I was the only person here. But it was alright, I didn't have any problem being alone.

I was looking towards the seashore, when suddenly a shirtless man, wearing grey board shorts starts running. It was like a scene from Baywatch. All he lacked was that "orange board" those lifeguards would bring with them.

I couldn't help but stare. He looked really good. I felt myself bite my lip.

This handsome gentleman may've felt my eyes on him, so he walked towards me slowly, but surely.

As he was coming nearer and nearer, he looked oddly familiar to me. I felt like I've seen this built before. I squinted my eyes to get a closer look and all I could say was that the dimple on his cheek was a giveaway.

"Alden?" I said.

And just like that, he was standing right in front of me, in all his shirtless glory. He was dripping from the seawater and I just could not help but stare at what seemed to be his abs.

"Maine." He smiled. I looked up slowly, but his face was starting to get blurry.

"Maine.. Maine.. Uy Maine!"

I shook my head almost instantly. Panaginip lang pala ang lahat ng 'yun. Ano ba naman tong pagnanasa ko kay Alden. Ang intense!

Pat had this facial expression that looked as if she wanted to burst into laughter anytime.