CHAPTER 4: Goals

Ally said she would meet me at the cafeteria after my psych class. We spoke about joining a fitness club at varsity because we were both not happy about the way we looked even though, in my opinion, she looked fine.
.
.
.
(Running on the treadmill looking out of the window with a perfect view of mountains and flowers)

"Hey Bee, I hope you dont mind me calling you that. Im no therapist but it looks like you're blowing off alot of steam." She left her statement question marked.

"Well yeah I dont know. Highschool was really hard for me so im just afraid varsity might be too." I answered. "What was so hard" she asked.

"Long story cut down alittle short. Because I was in a committed relationship, people became jealous and questioned me on why I was with my boyfriend. I didn't care because I loved him, I still do."

"8th and 9th grade was good. I mean I dont know if you've ever experienced this but you think yoou find true friends and they end up stabbing you In your back or leaving you or just twisting stories around. I mean I was hard working and I had great leadership skills and I was also very much involved in activities but I was a sensitive girl."

"I came across as tough but deep down I over thought alot. I kept comparing my life to others. I kept worrying about how people treated me. I kept on having flash backs of my parents fighting and when my parents and I had to attend counseling because when they were going through a rough time, they started to abuse me ... there are so many things Ally. Im just afraid. All I want is to be happy. Im so sorry for blowing off all this trash on you"

"Dont they teach you that its good to talk about how you feel in psych." Ally replied. We laughed. "Yeah thats why I take it. It helps me and I want to help others be happy so yeah." I replied. We made our way to the ab section of the gym and did a few crunches. Ally was pretty fit. I couldn't keep up but she pushed me to continue. Could this be a permanent friendship ... there I go over thinking again. Sigh.

When we were done we decided to jog up and down the steps infront of the varsity. People looked at us weirdly but we didn't care. I liked how she was into fitness. She invited me to her dormitory.

When we got there she told me about her dad and mom and her older brother. She was the black sheep. Her whole family was so aristocratic and she was the one who just wanted to be herself. Maybe thats where I got that idea that she looked poised. She probably had to pretend to be perfect all her life.

Her brother was sort of a mess. Using drugs and all. Her older sister committed suicide because her dad raped her when he was drunk. And her mom forced them all to keep it secret.

"Yeah so much for a perfect family hey." Said Ally. "Highschool didn't make it any better too. I had fake friends. Never really went out much. But I didn't worry. I focused on what was important and now im here." She continued.

"Now we're here." Our 3 hour break was over. I had English class from 3 to 5. We departed once again.

Luther texted me: (Hey baby. Im sorry for the late reply. I was so busy at college today. But anyways baby I hope you enjoyed your day okay. Dont forget that I love you. I have to drop mom off at bootcamp so I will chat in a few. I love you boo :*<3.) I smiled and made my way to class.

This class was better. Smaller and less intimidating. We had to introduce ourselves and work on groups on a presentation. "Hi I'm Bianca and im not sure which group to join."

"Join us, a guy said." I made my way to their table and started discussing the issue of institutional fees etc.