CHAPTER 6: The journey

Luther drove me home from the hospital. He stayed for about a half an hour until I asked him to leave. I needed to be alone. He understood but did not want to leave, eventually he did.

I thought of all the days my baby cousin and I had spent together. His laugh, his smile, his kisses and hugs. He loved noodles and he ... Just as I was about to continue, I heard a knock. I couldn't get up so I shouted to open the door ... it was Danny.
.
.
.
He brought me a chicken burger and a milkshake from Spur. "Have a seat" I said. "I hope you're okay?" He asked. "How did you know about my cousin anyways?" I asked. "I walked past your door and over heard you and your boyfriend talk." There was silence. "So are you going to eat?" He asked. "I hope you dont mind but I really need some time on my own." I said. "Sure, I'll leave the food on the table, if you need anything give me a ring okay." He said.
.
.
.
"How did he know my dormitory number????""
.
.
.
As he was about to leave Luther knocked on the door. They collided at the opening of the door. "Hey watch it dude" said Danny. "And you are?" Danny left snd never replied. I looked up at Luther. He looked puzzled. I knee he wondered why some random guy was at my place. But it didn't matter. I told him that Danny was just at acquaintance. I didn't want him to worry. We fell asleep.

The next morning Luther made me breakfast. I could barely stand up from the anxiety so he wiped my face and helped me to the basin to brush my teeth. He brushed my hair, which he was totally bad at but I didn't care and he dressed me too. I needed to get to my mom.

We arrived at my moms place. She was asleep but we still went in. For some reason all I wanted to do was sleep. I had class at 10 but I wasn't sure whether I should go or not. Mom woke up and convinced me to go. She said I'd feel better.
.
.
.
(In English class)
"Ms Clarencefield, you are welcomed to sit out if you dont feel too well" said Mrs Bosnia. "Im okay" I replied. Turned out I was not. I collapsed a few minutes after we spoke
.
.
.
I woke up In my room a few hours later and saw that Danny and Anny were waiting for me to wake up