CHAPTER 9: I'm leaving

I woke up the next day and thought about everything. I just started varsity and already it became complicated for me. I needed to gt away, that wss on my mind

I phone my mom and told her about everything. She got upset because she told me to not run away from my problems and told me that my dad is sick. Obviously I didn't care that he was sick. He had no true impact in my life and never cared when I got sick.

I got done and left the house. People were all staring at me because I looked unstable. My hair was messy, my eyes were puffy and I had a jeans and an ufgly green top on. The ugly green top sort of brought out a different colour in my eyes (did I mention that my eyes change colour according to my mood and surrounding colours?). Its something that fascinated Luther.

I went to the cafeteria during break and bought me a steak wrap. All I've been doing lately was eating and not carinf about my figure. Danny and Anny came to join me, but I could see they were abit careful with whatever they had o say.

I thought to myself, im usually not like this. I need to get away to be myself. Luther had texted me saying that his worried about me and that he had a game on Saturday. It was Monday and my mind was far from the weekend. I just needed to get away.

When I got to psych class. The lecture was busy explaining something that at first had not caught my attention, but when she said "flight" my selective hearing ability immediately chose to listen to her.

Apparently there was a trip to Hawaii for second year students only. There task was to help the Hawaiins with emotional trauma who had been affected by the mass volcano eruption a day ago. Only 20 students were allowed to go. A test was to be written to measure the psychology ability and ensure their trip to Hawaii.

When class was done. I went to speak to the lecturer about this trip. I was desperate to go. "Ms ..." he hesitated. "Ms Clarencefield" I approved. "I'm sorry to say but I can't squeeze you in, if the head of department has to find out..." he stopped. "Please Mr Kastalina, let me take the test and prove you wrong. I just need one chance" I begged. "I need to speak to the Chancellor about this, give me djour number and I'll give you a ring"

Back at my dormitory, I heard a knock. I made my way to the door and opened it. It was Luther with a big bunch of yellow roses and some ocean basket for us. I was so happy to see him. I cleared my study table and Luther began to set up a romantic dinner setting for us.

Barry White was playing in the background. I laughed at the music because it was ancient and I always told him that he sounded like Barry White because of his deep voice. "I might leave to Hawaii tomorrow. " I said. "... wait what ?" He stopped in anxiety, "Baby I need to get away, I need time on my own" I said "Time from us ?!" He asked angrily. "No, I need time away from everything." I replied. He looked away angrily. "its not definite, Mr Kastalina first has to phone ..." I was interrupted by my phone.

"Hello Mrs Clarencefield"

"Mr Kastalina"

"Hi yeah the Chancellor took a look at djour profile and he said that you're a worthy candidate. Dju have an opportunity to write the test tomorrow, 10am sharp"

"I don't know how to thank you enough Mr Kastalina"

"Rest well Mrs Clarencefield"

I looked at Luther, he had tears in his eyes. "Baby, will your dad be able to book you a flight to Hawaii with me?" I asked. He smiled, "You serious boo ? You know I can't leave you alone babe. My dad will defs do that." He said with passion. "Okay don't get too hyped up, I still have to write the test" I said. "You pass with flying colours already babe" he said smiling and coming towards me.

Hi guys, its the author here. I know I haven't written in a while but I've been quite busy. The next Chapter will be extraordinary I promise. Please comment. I'd love some feedback