Deadly Affairs- Chapter 1

I like to think of myself as a normal guy, an average Joe, a random in a crowd of strangers. I think the only thing that sets me apart is what I like to do with my spare time. Some people like to collect planes and coins. Some people like to work out. Some like to play video games. I like to hunt… people. I like to watch them for a little, find their routine out then go in for the kill. Literally. To me it’s just another thing that I like to do in my spare time. But people aren’t so accepting of that type of hobby and why would they be seeing as they’re my targets. So I keep it to myself, no one else knows except for my brother Mike, but that’s a long story…

“Fuentes! My office now!” my boss said walking pass my cubicle taking me out of my daydream. He walked into his office and I followed behind closing the door.

“Yes sir.” I said standing there waiting for him to make a smartass remark like he usually does.

“I hope you don’t have plans tonight cause you’ll be staying late. I have papers that need to be filed and you’re going to stay here and do them.” He said looking at me with that smirk he does. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve wanted to off this motherfucker. He has no idea what I could do to him and how much I would enjoy every second of it. I felt a smirk of my own coming across my face. “Hello? Do you hear me? You’re staying after so wipe that smirk off your face and get back to work.” He said.

“Yes sir.” I said turning to the door but I couldn’t get the image of how much fun I would truly have killing him so I continued the rest of the day with that smirk on my face.

______

                It’s 11pm and I should be at home. But instead I’m here at this office with papers spread all around me trying to file them when the dates go back to 3 years. I’m going to be here all night. I’ve been at this since 8 when everyone left. I’m thinking I should go to the coffee shop down the street to get something before they close and then I’ll be running on fumes if that happens. So I grabbed my jacket to my suit, walked to the elevator getting ready to head to the bottom floor and out the door to the coffee shop.

“Can I have a cappuccino” I asked the lady who was working the night shift. I come here in the morning every day and I’ve never seen her, she must only work the night shift I thought to myself.

“Coming right up” She said with a smile and turned around to start making my order. Looking around the store it was completely empty. I guess no one needs coffee 11 at night. “Here you go!” the lady said after a couple minutes of me staring off into space.

“Thanks” I said and started to head towards the door and as I was going out someone was coming in and just for a second we locked eyes. I locked eyes with this complete strangers crystal blue eyes. “Excuse me” I said trying to let him go in the door while I was trying to exit. He just nodded. I walked out the door and made a left and started walking back to the office. I couldn’t even get 20 good steps without wanting to turn around. He was perfect. He fit what I hunted and every impulse in me wanted to turn around and follow him like I would any of my other soon to be victims, but I had to get back to work and finish filing. Now what sounded more interesting possibly locking in my next victim or doing paperwork? And of course my impulse took over and I turned around and waited for him to leave the coffee shop.

                He walked out the coffee shop and made a right. I slowly walked behind him. The streets were empty so I could walk however far behind I wanted without losing him. I took out my phone and put it on the main screen that way if he turned around I could pretend like I’m just walking home casually like he is. But it seems he wasn’t worried about anyone following him. He walked without looking back once, with his head down and hands in his jacket pockets. We walked for about 10 minutes and we got to a small house I stopped about 5ft away from the house and began to cross to the other side of the street while he continued walking. He went to the front door and unlocked it, walked in and closed the door behind him. I walked back across the street to get the address from the mailbox. I couldn’t do the full stalking of the prey tonight but tomorrow would be a different story…