Deadly Affairs- Chapter 9

Waking up next to Kellin was comforting, he looked so adorable and peaceful sleeping. I didn’t know why I was awake so early, it’s only 8am and we stayed up until 4am watching movies and eating junk food so I shouldn’t have been up after four hours of sleep but I am. I got up out of the bed slowly making sure I didn’t wake up Kellin and went to the bathroom. I used the bathroom then washed my hands and splashed my face with some water. I looked up in the mirror and let the water drip off my face then wiped my face with my t-shirt. Just as I was about to leave the bathroom I remembered all the vials I saw last night in his medicine cabinet. I locked the door then resumed the snooping I was doing the night before. I looked at all the vials and they were old prescriptions that he had already used and a couple new ones. There were many vials but only 3 different types of prescription drugs, guess he just had a lot of refills. I wanted to see what the drugs were for so I had to sneak back into Kellin’s bedroom and grab my phone. When I got back in the bathroom I picked up one of the vials and searched the drug on Google. The first one was ‘Fluoxetine’, it says it’s an antidepressant used for major depression and a whole bunch of different types of disorders. The next one was ‘Fluvoxamine’; it’s used primarily for OCD but also for various disorders. The last one was ‘Paroxetine’, it was just like Fluoxetine but it said it was for outpatients. I only skimmed over them before I bookmarked the sites and left the bathroom. Walking back towards Kellin’s bedroom I couldn’t help but wonder what was so wrong with him that he had to take that medication. He just seemed so normal besides the fact he tried to kill himself. In fact if I hadn’t been the one who saved him and someone else did then they told me I wouldn’t believe them because he just acts so normal. Then again I act normal and I kill people for a hobby so maybe there is no such thing as normal, everyone has their demons.

“Hey.” Kellin said in a groggy tone, rubbing his eyes as I walked back in the room.

“Hey.” I said giving him a fake smile.

“So what do you want for breakfast?” he sat up in bed.

“Actually my boss called me and says he needs me to come in early, so…”  I lied giving him a long face to make sure he believed me.

“Well you can come over later after work and we can hang out again.” He said.

“Yeah, okay.” I grabbed my pants and shoes put them on then Kellin walked me downstairs and handed me my jacket and I left.

Once I got home I couldn’t stop thinking about all the medicine I found at Kellin’s, I wanted to research it more but when I looked at the clock it was actually time for me to start getting ready for work. So I had to put my curiosity aside for now. I quickly got ready then headed out for work, stopping to get coffee before I went into the office. I went straight to my cubicle and began sorting through the documents that I had to send out to other companies. I tried to work as quickly as possible so I could leave but for the life of me I couldn’t concentrate because I kept thinking of Kellin, well his problem, whatever it was. I decided to just take a little break from work and do some research of my own. Everything I was finding was giving me multiple types of disorders that he could have but not an exact one.

“Hey Vic, can we talk?” A voice said behind me. I quickly minimized the screen and turned around, it was Justin.

“Yeah, what?”

“Just want to make sure we were okay because the last time we talked I said some weird things, I’m hoping we can forget it.” He fiddled with his fingers nervously.

“Consider it forgotten.” I smiled.

“So what were you doing?” he said looking at the computer and pointing at it.

“Oh, nothing. Just looking up some stuff.” I tried to brush it off.

“Come on, you looked pretty into it.” He walked over and grabbed the computer mouse expanding the window. Once he saw all the stuff I was looking at he gave me a weird look. “What are you looking up pills for? Trying to score some?”

“No! Just someone I know takes these and I want to know why. How did you know these were pills?” I asked.

“Well, because medicine always has some long, weird looking name and also because my brother takes this stuff.” He leaned against my desk.

“Why does he take him?” I asked.

“He tried to push me out of a fucking tree house once and other crazy things whenever he got mad at me. Oh and my mom found him sitting in his room punching himself in the head telling his thoughts to go away. He’s in a mental institute now.” He talked about it so casually like it was nothing.

“Sorry, that must be rough.”

“Nah, he’s had this his whole life and because of that he was a dick to me all the time so we didn’t get along.” He shrugged.

“What did he have?” I asked.

“He has OCD, IED, Intrusive Thoughts, and something else I can’t remember the name. All I know is the medicine didn’t work in the beginning he was still uncontrollable they had to increase the intake before it finally started to work.” He grabbed the rolling chair from the next cubicle and brought it back.

“What is IED and that other thing you named?”

“Well I know IED was the one that made him like spaz out. He would blackout and like try to fight me and he wouldn’t remember, if anyone made him mad he would blackout and well you wouldn’t be leaving without scars. When I was 17 he got angry at me and literally broke like 8 bones in my body, I ended up in the hospital and he doesn’t remember.  The intrusive thoughts is the one that had him in the floor on several occasions punching himself in the head trying to get whatever he was thinking about out of his head but he couldn’t, no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t stop thinking about whatever he was thinking about. It was scary to watch.” His whole facial expression like he was actually picturing it happen in his head and it wasn’t a good facial expression, he looked terrified. He shook it off the smiled at me; I knew he was faking though. “Anyway I should get back to work, talk to you later.”

I was left there thinking about if Kellin has those things and if he does then he could blackout and try to attack me or he could lose his mind with those Intrusive thoughts. It started to freak me out and not many things freak me out but the thought of my boyfriend being just as dangerous as me if pushed to the limit definitely freaks me out. He seems so innocent like he couldn’t hurt a fly. I guess I’m in no position to judge I’m a serial killer. I kill for basically a pastime. So is it really bad the he might have a few screws loose up there? Does it really matter? I’m pretty sure I do too. My phone rang pulling me out my head.

“Hello.” I said answering the phone.

“Hey, so I was thinking that maybe we could go night swimming tonight. I haven’t been swimming in a while so why not, ya’ know?” Kellin said jumping immediately into to conversation.

“Yeah, I can’t hang out tonight late night meeting and my boss has already given me a shitload of work to take home and do.”

“Oh, that sucks.” He said in a disappointed tone.

“Yeah, I have to go. Talk to you later.” I quickly hung up the phone.

I guess it does matter.